Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Quake and Linux

Thread: Quake and Linux

Bogler

Quake and Linux

Is it possible to get Quake2 for Linux? Where do you download the files?

What free games are available for Linux, i would like to try Half Life.

Any information on how to get Quake or Quake2 up and running on Linux greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bog...

JimH

Re: Quake and Linux

I have never played Quake, any version. Going to have to try it one of these days. ;D The Linux binaries for Quake are free for download, but you still need the retail windows cd to install it and play. ftp.idsoftware.com probably has the linux binaries.

There is a Quake How-to, but it appears to be a little dated.
    http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Quake-HOWTO.html

Jim H

Bogler

Has anyone got Quake2 going with a nvidia card?
    There are problems with the glide library. Any advice on this greatfully received...

Thanks

Bog

Once i can get the data packs off my mate im gonna try get it working as well, ill keep ya posted.
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

maverick

Re:Quake and Linux

Anyone like to give me a bit of help? I'm having problems with Quake 3 Arena (Linux version) and getting it to function with my Voodoo3 3000 AGP. It can't seem to start up the drivers or something to use my card. I have to do a ton of crap to get it going but it runs only off software mode then and all my other OpenGL stuff wont work.

ah, here we go. I still have this on my server. http://maverick.mahan.net/quakerror.jpg

Spot

Are the paths to libGL.so and libMesaVoodooGL.so included/correct in /etc/ld.so.conf? If not, be sure and add or correct the necessary paths and then run ldconfig.
    Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you =/

hanzerik

try http://www.quake3world.com and check out their forums. They have a section for linux.

t1ck

Q3
    To specify the GL library you want to use, please add

"+set r_gldriver <GL library>"

to the commandline. If you do not specify a valid GL library, or if the
    GL library specified can't find or access the hardware it expects, Mesa
    might fall back into slow software rendering mode.

found this in a readme,hope it helps.
    t1ck