Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Huge update...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge update...

Huge update...

Uploading like a week or 2 worth of work.

Before update:

Schotty 3843.01 units 269 genes
    Killer_Penguin 2921.22 units 196 genes
    Compunuts_LJR 2715.52 units 192 genes

I'll post the aftermath when they update....

Good Guru

Re: Huge update...

Great .....

This is at 0527 central time.

Schotty 3858.36 units 270 genes
    Killer_Penguin 3391.63 units 219 genes
    Compunuts_LJR 2729.71 units 193 genes
    ursidae 2220.41 units 167 genes

Rock on dudes.

Good Guru

Why thank you

I try to keep the lil bastards cranking away as best I can. *Attempting to get one fo the servers at work to sneak it in. *P2-266 64MB, doing nothing other than a VMWare (locked screen of course) showing our call monitor. *I think thats a waste of a server......

BTW -- what was ursidae at before hand? Do you recall?

Mentor

i have this running on my pc at work ( i'm on a lan ) everytime i start up the pc it connects to genome and starts crunching.

What do you guys do, download the data?
    How do you know it's time to upload?
    I dont know how this thing works, i just have it running the whole day at work, can someone enlighten me?

Well, the ports it needs to connect to the server are blocked at work, so I start it with the -nonet switch, so it doesn't try to contact genome. I just let it crunch all week long, and take it home to upload on the weekend.

Good Guru

do you just zip the work directory up or what? I got a few dual P2-266's here at work that are NOT supposed to be on the WAN, but could crunch very easily. I would love to know what files are the ones needed.

do you just zip the work directory up or what? I got a few dual P2-266's here at work that are NOT supposed to be on the WAN, but could crunch very easily. I would love to know what files are the ones needed.
    Well, I just use a laptop at work, so I bring the whole damn thing home.... (;

Good Guru

Here is the idea...

What if you have one machine, let it download the work units and zipped it for all the input files ( that ends with .input of course ) and transfer it to another machine and run it with "-nonet". When it's done, copy the .output file and release it on the machine with net connection. Of course, this will need one machine to be running clean all the time but then again, it's better than only one machine.

The only thing I'm not so sure is how to know if the work is done.... May be done via some scripts and stuff? :-/

You will also need some of the other files to verify it. It does some md5'n or something to make sure the files are clean.

When dealing with linux, I just tar jcvpf g.tar.bz2 the entire directory to offload... then again to get work, tar'd it up and brought it back onto the work linux box.