Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Thinking about starting Genome.

Thread: Thinking about starting Genome.

Thinking about starting Genome.

So can I run it on the systems I have with another DC app, or does it need a dedicated system? That's all I needed to know. :P

Re: Thinking about starting Genome.

Can run along side with your stuff.

Good Guru

If it runs linux, you can run GAH.

Cool. Just wanted to know. Didn't want to cut the performance of my other DC app.

Cool. Just wanted to know. Didn't want to cut the performance of my other DC app.
    Well, the other one might not work as fast. the way DC apps work is they take all the unused cpu time. So now you will have 2 apps sharing that unused cpu time....

Well, the other one might not work as fast. the way DC apps work is they take all the unused cpu time. So now you will have 2 apps sharing that unused cpu time....
    Dammit. That's what I was afraid of.

Oh well. I'll try it through the night, and see how it effects my other DC app. Is there a monitor utility to use with it on a desktop manager or anything?

Is there a monitor utility to use with it on a desktop manager or anything?
    There's a logfile -- scrlog.gah -- which is trivially easy to parse in order to write your own monitoring utility. Whether or not somebody has already done this, I have no idea.

Good Guru

I'll try it through the night, *and see how it effects my other DC app.
    I'm sure it will have some effect ... Your CPU time are constant ( in the way that if you have 1 GHz machine, the physical limit is limited to that GHz ). So now you have two programs sharing it. Your other program will take longer to finish ( that's for sure unless you have a SMP box which you can dedicate another CPU for.