Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Genome + Firewall??

Thread: Genome + Firewall??

Genome + Firewall??

Hi!

I tried to install Genome at a PC at my work. Unfortunately it can't get past the firewall.
    Doesn't Genome use the http port (80) like Seti? What are my alternatives?

Good Guru

Re:Genome + Firewall??

Do you have access to the box running the firewall?

We ran a proxy and that let it thru fine. Now my gateway I built lets all the goodness through.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=22;threadid=3604;start=0#36744 date=1023298869]
    Do you have access to the box running the firewall?

We ran a proxy and that let it thru fine. Now my gateway I built lets all the goodness through.
    [/quote]

Yup, I'm the admin of this box ;D
    Maybe I've used wrong connection details at Genome...do you use the default settings or do you specify the firewall?
    As far as I can remember it, Genome tries to connect through a custom port .... port 80 would be nice (like seti)

Good Guru

Well, my config file states that the source port is 1080, and destination port is 10100. So open up 1080 and you should be okay, OR change the default port to something else (like 80)

[quote author=Schotty link=board=22;threadid=3604;start=0#36752 date=1023299600]
    Well, my config file states that the source port is 1080, and destination port is 10100. So open up 1080 and you should be okay, OR change the default port to something else (like 80)
    [/quote]

Mhmm, opening ports at the firewall at my work no good

I've tried nearly all configurations of Genome, it always tries to connect to port 10100 - which is blocked (and which should be blocked).
    Doesn't matter if I type port 80 at the configuration of genome ... it tries to connect through port 10100 nevertheless

Good Guru

Okay fella, here is what I got
    Code:
    [settings]
    email=Schotty
    account=1198566765
    server=vsp18.stanford.edu
    port=10100

[firewall]
    active=no
    host=hostname
    port=1080
    userpass=user:password
    Are you required to type a user/password to login? If not try this -- vape the userpass line and change active to yes, host to whatever your firewall's IP is, and use an open/passable port. I have putzed before with this and that trick has helped.