Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Compunuts

Thread: Compunuts

Compunuts

Did you loose your @home connection?

Good Guru

Re: Compunuts

Ah not yet !! As far as the news from AT&T is going, they are going to built a new network if @HOME won't agree on the term of buy out. @HOME creditors want more money but AT&T is banking on the fact that there is no one else they can sell their equipment to since AT&T Cable has monopoly on most of the bay area cities such as San Francisco which AT&T has exclusive rights to sell for the cable infrusture upgrade.

So I'm guessing even the worst case, I will still have AT&T cable connection with a few week service disconnect from the switch over. Oh well... I guess better than having to look for a new one.

Thanks for the care though ... Appreciate that.... 8)

Good Guru

Lost my @HOME connection .... f**ked up !!!!!! AT&T said it will take from 1 to 14 days to get back.

> > > > :'( :'( :'(

Can somebody tell me specifically what is going on? I have @home cable as well, but I haven't lost my connection and I haven't gotten anything from the cable company saying that it will die...

ah man compunuts - that sucks.

from what i understand excite@home leases out their broadband networks to lots of other of other companies (att, cox, others...) and they are going under. att has some of its own lines so some of their customers will be okay.

Well, my ISP (Shaw@home, up here in Canada) emailed me something about excite@home going bankrupt, and that I would have to change my email address from @home.com to @shaw.ca, but they never mentioned anything about the cable service itself being disconnected.

And, well, the cable is still working, so I think it's going to be ok (up here anyway).

How are all these @homes related? There are cox@home, shaw@home, blahblah@home... Why are they all called @home?

I always thought it was because the cable companies themselves aren't competent enough to offer cable internet services, so they pay this other company called @home to set them up for cable. Then because the cable is provided by @home on xyz_cable_company's infrastructure, it's called xyz_cable_company@home.

I always thought it was because the cable companies themselves aren't competent enough to offer cable internet services, so they pay this other company called @home to set them up for cable. Then because the cable is provided by @home on xyz_cable_company's infrastructure, it's called xyz_cable_company@home.
    I see.

Good Guru

ah man compunuts *- that sucks.
    Yeah it's. Got my service back now ..... Got all configured as well ....

from what i understand excite@home leases out their broadband networks to lots of other of other companies (att, cox, others...)
    Yeah ... @HOME is just the ISP and AT&T is the network provider. @HOME gets the rights to use AT&T's infrastructure ( LAN ) as well as other cable companies ( Shaw, Cox and others ). AT&T was the only one ( for now ) who got cut from @HOME and others are still functioning AFAIK.

att has some of its own lines so some of their customers will be okay.
    AT&T knew it's coming so that they are readying for it. I was checking those web sites and DNS servers and they are functioning well before @HOME cut them over. It was just that there is no contents and all that stuff..... Now we are okay ..... ;D ;D ;D