Thread: Without Pride !

Without Pride !

what up with the nick....

/me is ???

Re: Without Pride !

Merriam-Webster defines hubris as such:
    exaggerated pride or self-confidence
    Hubris, as I've learnt, can be quite dangerous. It makes a person vulnerable to him/herself.

You owe me French Toast.

Is not pride one of the deadly sins or some shit like that? (/me doesnt know, not religeous enough)

Is not pride one of the deadly sins or some shit like that? *(/me doesnt know, not religeous enough)
    I think so, for reasons that should be obvious; people who are overly prideful of something or other (usually their looks or their genetic heritage) will ignore their flaws, and may attempt to do things that are beyond their means, sometimes causing bad stuff to happen.

Personally, I like to have a little pride in my nation, even if we do have questionable foreign policies (but then again, if anyone complains too loudly, we could just crush them like the insignificant insects that they are. Muahahaha!).

prideful
    Prideful, eh?

Is not pride one of the deadly sins or some shit like that? (/me doesnt know, not religeous enough)
    It is considrerd one of the 7 deadly sins. It isn't a religious thing, it's a humanistic thing .... like how tragedies have a main charecter with a charecter flaw (and the charecter flaw has to be one of the 7 deadly sins).