Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Hamond - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamond

Re: Hamond

did anyone ever bother to read Numbers 13:34?
    I knew it was a joke when I read it because the passage doesnt exist.

I'm not really sure as to what I should say to that. I thought people would get the joke when I used stereotypes, and later, when I made a reference to nonexistant scripture, I thought that people would catch it, and realise that I was only playing around.

I guess in the future I'll have to make sure that everything I say is clear, precise, and not double-edged so that everyone can understand what I'm trying to say.
    Oh, I guess you told everyone. ;D

I'm not really sure as to what I should say to that. I thought people would get the joke when I used stereotypes, and later, when I made a reference to nonexistant scripture, I thought that people would catch it, and realise that I was only playing around.

I guess in the future I'll have to make sure that everything I say is clear, precise, and not double-edged so that everyone can understand what I'm trying to say.
    #1, I don't read scripture, nor do I *check* it when somebody quotes from it. So I had no reason to believe that this was anything less than scripture. (not that I take scripture as truth, personal reasons)

#2, Sarcasm is great, when it's obvious. Adding in teh sarcasm smiley, might have helped. Sarcasm smiley == :P

Anywho, I'm able to forgive and forget, as long as it doesn't happen again.

#1, I don't read scripture, nor do I *check* it when somebody quotes from it. *So I had no reason to believe that this was anything less than scripture. (not that I take scripture as truth, personal reasons)

#2, Sarcasm is great, when it's obvious. *Adding in teh sarcasm smiley, might have helped. *Sarcasm smiley == *:P

Anywho, I'm able to forgive and forget, as long as it doesn't happen again.
    #1, the whole thing was meant to be a satirical piece on how people treat the bible as fact and justification for their behavior; that thing about the scripture was meant to just indicate that I was kidding around (for anyone that bothered to check up on it). I was also kinda playing on a general fear that some people have that the Jews are constantly trying to create a world government and enslave the gentiles (I was *joking*).

#2, I'll add the smiley in the future, although I can't promise that everyone will get the punchline of my jokes all the time (if any of you end up wondering about something, feel free to send me a private message; I'd rather not spoil things for people who haven't had a chance to figure it out for themselves).

#2, Sarcasm is great, when it's obvious. Adding in teh sarcasm smiley, might have helped. Sarcasm smiley == :P
    That's not a sarcasm smiley. That face is sticking out his tongue. People don't do that when they're being sarcastic. What blastphomy.

Ok, I've had enough. Hamond was just being sarcastic and it was pretty clear. I knew before I was even finished reading the post. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one either. I mentioned basically what he said on IRC and the two people I was talking to couldn't believe people didn't realize he was sarcastic. Just because you weren't keen enough to recognize it was sarcastic doesn't mean you should blame Hamond. If you want to bitch and gripe at someone about Ralinx leaving, come to me. But Hamond has done nothing wrong and perhaps, like me, he doesn't like to spell out the already obvious sarcasm in his jokes.

Ok, I've had enough. Hamond was just being sarcastic and it was pretty clear. I knew before I was even finished reading the post. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one either. I mentioned basically what he said on IRC and the two people I was talking to couldn't believe people didn't realize he was sarcastic. Just because you weren't keen enough to recognize it was sarcastic doesn't mean you should blame Hamond. If you want to bitch and gripe at someone about Ralinx leaving, come to me. But Hamond has done nothing wrong and perhaps, like me, he doesn't like to spell out the already obvious sarcasm in his jokes.
    I agree. I think some of you are feigning ignorance just to troll me and to make some sort of silly attempt to get me to say something that can get me banned. I had nothing to do with Ralinux leaving; just because he quoted me, that does NOT mean that I said anything to him. I didn't even respond when he did that.

Btw, saying you don't 'get the joke' doesn't really make ME look bad...(having to beat a dead horse does, however).

If you're a US citizen, and you've got a problem with an American making fun of his own nation, I think we've got bigger problems than my alleged 'trolling' on our hands ("Daddy, what is this thing called the Freedom of Speech?&quot.

I agree. I think some of you are feigning ignorance just to troll me and to make some sort of silly attempt to get me to say something that can get me banned. I had nothing to do with Ralinux leaving; just because he quoted me, that does NOT mean that I said anything to him. I didn't even respond when he did that.

Btw, saying you don't 'get the joke' doesn't really make ME look bad...(having to beat a dead horse does, however).

If you're a US citizen, and you've got a problem with an American making fun of his own nation, I think we've got bigger problems than my alleged 'trolling' on our hands ("Daddy, what is this thing called the Freedom of Speech?&quot.
    Good god you missed the entire point of this tread.

This thread was intended to ask/plead with you to make it more clear next time you are going to say something sarcastic as that. As I said before, I know people who feel EXACTLY they way you posted. I'm sorry, but it wasn't clear to me that you were being sarcastic. I don't know you, so for all I know, you could have been serious.

Nobody is blaming you for Ralinx except for your self. Nobody blamed you, you brought it up. Personally, I know it wasn't you, especially after talking to him offline. There was no one person that made him leave.

If you are feeling guilty over it, stop. Don't flatter your self, it wasn't you.

Good god you missed the entire point of this tread.
    I thought that the point of this thread was originally to accuse me of being a troll, and to recommend that I stop making comments that people find funny.

I find it especially curious that someone from Europe would take offense at an American ridiculing his own nation. I'm the one who should be offended when people ridicule America, not someone who doesn't even live here and isn't affected by the opinions being expressed :P

This thread was intended to ask/plead with you to make it more clear next time you are going to say something sarcastic as that. *As I said before, I know people who feel EXACTLY they way you posted. *I'm sorry, but it wasn't clear to me that you were being sarcastic. *I don't know you, so for all I know, you could have been serious.
    I know there are a lot people who feel the same way, but rest assured, I am not a Democrat, and I only meant to make a mockery of the way some people are behaving and thinking nowadays. :P

All of the posts in that infamous thread were made in jest, and even if I were serious (and honestly, how could you take someone seriously when they talk about God favoring a nation?), you could have just sent me a private message and ASKED me about my post. Or you could have censored it, since you do have The Power.

Nobody is blaming you for Ralinx except for your self. *Nobody blamed you, you brought it up. *Personally, I know it wasn't you, especially after talking to him offline. *There was no one person that made him leave.

If you are feeling guilty over it, stop. *Don't flatter your self, it wasn't you.
    Posted by Supaa_Kenshi:
    Let's not turn this against Hamond. He alone didn't make Ralinx leave. It was probably me, more than anything, when I exploded in anger.
    But ok, I won't try to take credit for making the guy leave (and who really wants to be known for that?).

True true. I think we all see eye to eye now.

The reason people took offence to your statement, is becuase we couldn't tell that you were MAKING FUN of american opinions. We thought you were just STATING your AMERICAN opinoin. Had I known you were being sarcastic, would have been a totally different thing.

Personally, I don't venture into Playground anymore. it's pointless if you ask me, the only reason I went and looked at that thread was because somebody told me that Ralinx left, and that I should read that thread to find out why. Otherwise, I would have never seen it.

BTW, my comments at blaming yer self was meant for those that did.