Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashcrow

Hybrid View

Ashcrow

OK, When OpenBSD 3.1 is out, I'll install it on my gateway. But before I do it, I want to be sure to know how to do NATing. So, could explain me, or refer me to a _simple_ document that explains how? This way, 15 minutes after I brought down Debian, OpenBSD will be up, and internet will be accessible for my brothers and parents? Thanks.

Re: Ashcrow

Yes. And I'd like to know some of the major differences between it and FreeBSD. I've had it for a while now but haven't installed it yet.

More secure from scratch, the installer is more lean and clean, Apache comes installed by default in a chroot jail and with mod_ssl, OpenBSD is said to be cleaner, more encryption and security stuff, passwords are encrypted with blowfish

http://www.inebriated.demon.nl/pf-howto/ should do the trick. It's written in the standard How-To format. Easy on the mind.

More secure from scratch, the installer is more lean and clean, Apache comes installed by default in a chroot jail and with mod_ssl, OpenBSD is said to be cleaner, more encryption and security stuff, passwords are encrypted with blowfish
    I meant more specifically. Like after I get it installed, what can I expect to have to learn that I haven't with FreeBSD? A different firewall? Differences in how to use the port system?

Diffrent, advanced firewall system. Diffrent ports set (same interface). ws devices for better probaing and handeling. CVS's patches for bugs for asap updates. Diffrent kernel. Nothing to hold your hand.

Also, OpenBSD has a lean and hard for newbies installer. But it's the most efficient and clean install I've seen in ages! I mean, what other OS can you install in 10 minutes?

If I had room in my house, I'd go get my old computer and install it to try it out.

If I had room in my house, I'd go get my old computer and install it to try it out.
    Why not make small seperate partition?

By the way, could this be moved to "Other Operating Systems"?

I could always install it over my Linux partition.