Thread: Cloverm

Cloverm

What is it like being LJR's administrator? Have you ever had to ban anyone (I should remember, but I have a bad memory)? Has there ever been anyone that has really pushed your buttons? What do you place as conditions for banning?

Kind Mastermind

Re: Cloverm

<church lady voice>sans-hubris...are we planning on getting ourselves banned? Hmmm?</church lady voice>

HAHHAAHHHAAA - good one Stryder

Mentor

To answer the question I haven't banned anybody. Noblestknight came close to it once when he made over 200 posts in one day to be on top of every topic.
    For me to really ban somebody, it would take major trolling, trying to hack to site (probably won't be too hard ;D) or intentionally trying to cause any trouble.
    Other than that most of the time I feel like I'm just a regular member of the board. I try to use as little authority as possible.

you are cool cloverm!

To answer the question I haven't banned anybody. Noblestknight came close to it once when he made over 200 posts in one day to be on top of every topic.
    For me to really ban somebody, it would take major trolling, trying to hack to site (probably won't be too hard ;D) or intentionally trying to cause any trouble.
    Other than that most of the time I feel like I'm just a regular member of the board. I try to use as little authority as possible.
    Exactly the way an admin should be! w00t!

<church lady voice>sans-hubris...are we planning on getting ourselves banned? *Hmmm?</church lady voice>
    No, no, no, that's not why. It's due to the stuff that happened at CoderForums. I just want to have an understanding of what it takes for an admin to ban someone. I don't want to get into specific details because it's not appropriate here. I do not want to compare message board admins, but I do want to understand what it is like to be them.

I still think that just for the thought of banning me for that you should be smacked in the head with a trout.