Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ximian clones Outlook for Linux, Unix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ximian clones Outlook for Linux, Unix

Mentor

Ximian clones Outlook for Linux, Unix

Ximian, long an open-source software company, will do business the proprietary way with a new software package that lets Linux computers connect to Microsoft Exchange e-mail servers.
    http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...pt=zdnn_nbs_hl

Re: Ximian clones Outlook for Linux, Unix

hummm... it is okay. but i think outlook sucks.

As much as I dislike Evolution being compared to Outlook, it's close enough. The difference? Evolution is NOT one of the most sophistocated purveyors of virii known to mankind.
    Regardless, Ximian has come through once again and made linux that much more useable. Good for them!

Evolution is nice and all, but it's not 8) Kmail 8)

I use evolution for my email in Linux. I'm used to Outlook in Winblows, and it has a similar "feel"

I never liked outlook, but I have to use it at work. For e-mail on Windows I would rather use Pegasas.

I use evolution for my email in Linux. I'm used to Outlook in Winblows, and it has a similar "feel"

Yay now Linux can be hit by the same crap outlook users get smeared by! What a dumb idea, if I wanted that I'd just use outlook and let the virus kick my window's ass rather than linux's. :P

I am not seeing the problem with this. *It is mainly intended to be a way for a linux desktop to interface with a MS Exchange Mail Server in a corporation. *This is a huge step considering it doenst you MS protocols to talk to it.

As far as virii go, I wouldnt be worried about it. *The Register had an article on it and they made it sound like it is not wide open like Outlook and Outlook Express. *Remember that most virii are written in VB which wont affect a linux box. *

According to The Register's article
    He explained that "we do not provide the facility for executing code that you receive in the mail." Friedman added that Ximian "treats all the data that comes off the network as hostile, and we audit the code which is network facing".
    This sounds pretty good to me.

I like evolution. It's fast and simple. I never really like Outlook though.

i kinda like mozilla mail