Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LJR nominated in LinuxFormat' 2001 Linux Awards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJR nominated in LinuxFormat' 2001 Linux Awards

LJR nominated in LinuxFormat' 2001 Linux Awards

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/awards/

It seems that we, LJR, stand a chance to win an award now. the UK' best selling Linux magazine LinuxFormat has us nominated for "Best Support Resource of 2001" so go vote before the 4th of March and lets get that award for Cloverm

Re: LJR nominated in LinuxFormat' 2001 Linux Award

hmm linuxnewbie.org as the best linux advocacy .. ?

whoa, pretty cool that LJR has been nominated

whoa, pretty cool that LJR has been nominated
    /me looks innocent

I had nothing to do with that.... and I most certainly didn't force any of my friends to nominate us.....

/me looks innocent

I had nothing to do with that.... and I most certainly didn't force any of my friends to nominate us.....
    ahhhh

Oh, yeah, like their referrer logs won't show our bias.

Oh, yeah, like their referrer logs won't show our bias.
    actually they use a Windows server so everything can happen, and we might as well vote for everything.

I voted:
    Q01 - Mozilla
    Q02 - ??
    Q03 - RtCW (I didn't get the Loki option, and SF wasn't an option)
    Q04 - Debian (Although I'm tempted to vote MDK or RH in this one, they did a lot of good work for the community)
    Q05 - SourceForge
    Q06 - Agenda
    Q07 - ??
    Q08 - RMS
    Q09 - RMS
    Q10 - LJR
    Q11 - Matrox
    Q12 - KOffice
    Q13 - KDevelop
    Q14 - KDE

For the advocacy question -- sure RMS just spouts FSF/GPL stuff all day long, but how many of those people/entities have you seen advocating linux on TV? IBM, I would say (but maybe I'm just watching the wrong channels).

actually they use a Windows server so everything can happen, and we might as well vote for everything.

I voted:
    Q01 - Mozilla
    Q02 - ??
    Q03 - RtCW (I didn't get the Loki option, and SF wasn't an option)
    Q04 - Debian (Although I'm tempted to vote MDK or RH in this one, they did a lot of good work for the community)
    Q05 - SourceForge
    Q06 - Agenda
    Q07 - ??
    Q08 - RMS
    Q09 - RMS
    Q10 - LJR
    Q11 - Matrox
    Q12 - KOffice
    Q13 - KDevelop
    Q14 - KDE
    RMS as the best Linux Advocate? I dont see that one Lovechild...... He preaches open source and all but I dont think he preaches about Linux to the masses... He is all for the hurd...

RMS as the best Linux Advocate? I dont see that one Lovechild...... He preaches open source and all but I dont think he preaches about Linux to the masses... He is all for the hurd...
    EK, once again you are wrong. He preaches freedom, and he doesn't really like The HURD, actually he talks about it as he biggest design decision mistake in the GNU OS - but he likes that people won't let it die.