Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Hat Unveils Red Hat Linux 7.3

Good Guru

Re: Red Hat Unveils Red Hat Linux 7.3

RH 7.2 had Moz 0.94
    Really?? I do up2date once every three days or so and I'm still in Moz 0.9.2 .... :'(

I've got it installed, seems very nice. Just all updated 7.2 really, with kde3 and alternatives... Another quality product!

I tried to update from 7.2 to 7.3 yesterday. Did not go well. One of my friends tried it also with the same results. He did say that after about 3 attempts he did finally get it to install (after formatting his entire system). Anyone else had any problems?

Good Guru

I"m hearing all the bad thing about upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3. I'm gonna hold off for a while or else I will do the complete install instead of upgrade.

I"m hearing all the bad thing about upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3. I'm gonna hold off for a while or else I will do the complete install instead of upgrade.
    I did 7.2 to 7.3, no issues, as stated above.

Sitting in #redhat I've not come across many people with problems. THose that did were due to heavy useage of --nodeps and --force and non-Red Hat rpms, or source installes.

THose that did were due to heavy useage of --nodeps and --force and non-Red Hat rpms, or source installes.
    why does rpm still have those options anyway? i mean, are they in any way usefull?

why does rpm still have those options anyway? i mean, are they in any way usefull?
    Not really. Ximian made REALLY heavy use of them early on in their stumblings into the RPM world. I wouldn't mind if they get removed, or were only a part of the super secret RPM developers package or something.

I wouldn't mind if they get removed
    me neither
    back when KDE3 final was released there was a shitload of mails to the kde mailinglists about KDE3 rpm's not working right and most of the times it was because they used those options

me neither
    back when KDE3 final was released there was a shitload of mails to the kde mailinglists about KDE3 rpm's not working right and most of the times it was because they used those options
    Not to mention that those RPMS were mostly built against rawhide stuff, and didn't intigrate well into a Red Hat 7.2 environment... #redhat was a mess for a while...

Not to mention that those RPMS were mostly built against rawhide stuff, and didn't intigrate well into a Red Hat 7.2 environment... #redhat was a mess for a while...
    so was kde-linux@kde.org