Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Microsoft steps on Samba's toes

Thread: Microsoft steps on Samba's toes

Mentor

Microsoft steps on Samba's toes

Microsoft has opened a new chapter in its long-running dispute with open-source software developers--and it could have antitrust implications.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-904089.html

Re: Microsoft steps on Samba's toes

I still can't understand how Microsoft thinks they can just get rid of the OSS movement and it will just go away. Microsoft are already in a deep enough hole and they sure are determined to get deeper.

Yeah, they're bound and determined to cut their own throat it seems. What with the license subscriptions, and the education license deals where the schools have to license all 'compatible' pcs even if it's a Linux only box :

Micro$oft has done a lot for bringing pcs into use by us mere mortals, but they're getting way outta hand with some of this. In court fooling with the antitrust stuff on one hand, and keeping up with blatant examples of the practices that got them there.

And the justice department seems to be turning a blind eye, excuse me but wtf ??? I don't get it...

I guess we'll see what (if anything) comes of the current court case.
    We would all be declared outlaws for using Linux if M$ had their way.

I don't care, if I can't play (new) dvds or music cds or whatever on my Linux box. I'm not going back. No, no, no, not even.

[/soapbox]

Microsoft can try to do whatever they want. They will never defeat the OSS movement, it is absolutely impossible.