Thread: About #ljr

About #ljr

Has anyone thought about putting #ljr on a bigger server like dalnet, efnet, or undernet. It could bring more newbies and avid *nix users to this board. No offense to openprojects.net but the server is to small and the majority of the other channels _suck_. I have 4 years experience running irc servers, networks, etc if you need anyone to help out in a new channel or make a server ljr I will be glad to help.

Good Guru

Re: About #ljr

Well we can run #ljr on a couple of servers at the same time right??? That would be a nice alternative but then again LJR do not have that much traffic on IRC..... :-/

Putting it on the OPN network just makes sense. 90% of distro channels are on OPN, and various other linux channels are on OPN, XFree86, Kernelnewbies, etc etc.. It's just handy to have all the linux related channels on one server....

Yeah that makes sense. Would be great to have a big IRC channel as good as this site.

i think it would be a good idea to open up on another net .. we could also link chans together wit a bot ..

Just to let you guys know, myself and a few others started a channel thats coming along nicely. We usually have between 10-15 users in there and are always posting on NGs and such to bring newbies in. Its on server irc.unixr.net and the channel is #mandrake. Check it out if you like.

I hate DalNet and those other big servers. Make another channel if you like but I'm sticking with OpenProjects.

By the way, I tried that irc.unixr.net and it said connection refused.

thanks! i'll check it out
    Just to let you guys know, myself and a few others started a channel thats coming along nicely. *We usually have between 10-15 users in there and are always posting on NGs and such to bring newbies in. *Its on server irc.unixr.net and the channel is #mandrake. *Check it out if you like.