Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New host for LJR.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New host for LJR.

Hybrid View

Mentor

New host for LJR.

pinehead offered to host LJR on a Cobalt raq4 with an oc48 connection for free in exhange for a link to his website. I have the new site set up at http://linuxjunior.pinehead.com. The database is out of date right now, but you can check it out for speed or broken links. It should be fully functional. If everything is OK, I would make the move in the next few days.
    The money that some of you sent me for hosting is still in the account untouched, we can decide later how to use it if we change servers.

Re: New host for LJR.

What kind of server is this site hosted on right now? The one on pinheads server is a lot faster. I'd make the switch .

Mentor

What kind of server is this site hosted on right now? The one on pinheads server is a lot faster. I'd make the switch .
    I believe it's RedHat 6.2 hosted by http://www.phpwebhosting.com. It is on a shared server, that probably has a lot to do with the speed. The server on pinehead will have a limited number a sites hosted.

would the name www.linuxjunior.org still be valid?

Mentor

would the name www.linuxjunior.org still be valid?
    Yes, I would change the DNS settings to point to the new server. the above address is just temporary.

okay!! buy yourself a big fat joint with the $$ for hosting the site ;D

... if you like that kind of stuff. else get whatever else you may like

Dude, that's really cool. I can't believe they would give you hosting just for a link to their site. They must be some nice folks. I wish I had a connection like that. I would gladly host web sites as well.

Mentor

i would do it, but i would also keep the account active for a couple of months with the other company ( just in case ).

good luck!!

What about our posts? Are the forums going to be sustained somehow or must we start all over? Because I have 911 posts (after this one) damn it and I can't handle starting all over at 0 again. It was bad enough when I was banned from LNO and lost those ~2000 posts. Don't take it from this post that I'm seriously angry or anything. I'm just curious.

Mentor

What about our posts? Are the forums going to be sustained somehow or must we start all over? Because I have 911 posts (after this one) damn it and I can't handle starting all over at 0 again. It was bad enough when I was banned from LNO and lost those ~2000 posts. Don't take it from this post that I'm seriously angry or anything. I'm just curious.
    Don't worry, the whole database from this server will be copied to the new one. Not one bit of information will be lost. I will have to suspend the site for a couple of hours while the transfer is taking place. You won't notice any change other than the speed.