Thread: Deleting a thread

Hybrid View

Mentor

Deleting a thread

A member of our board has asked me to delete a thread that he/she started for personal reasons. I am hesitating doing so. What do you guys think?

Should we allow members to request moderators to delete threads they started?

Re: Deleting a thread

I'm all for it.. but then again I was the one who asked for a thread to be deleted, since I'm tired of getting spam from horny geeks !

hmm I think it shouldnt be done .. the user could still modify the post.. if its bad or would create problems , the deleting would be like censoring ...imho

Good Guru

I'm also the against side for this to be done by modarators. I mean any topic starter can edit their own posts. If you don't want anybody to see your replys or info in it, just edit it yourself and you are done.

Unless of course, there are some special circumstances such as no Internet access at that time except mail or something similar....

if the user who started the thread can give a good reason on why it should be deleted then i think it should be possible

Mentor

i dont want to seem like a wise ass but why not just remove your e-mail from your profile or maybe put a hotmail account in there.

we are all friends in here but i'm sure there are some people who think as long as they e-mail it to you they could say anything they want, rude, vulgaur or what ever.

save your self some trouble and remove your e-mail form the profile!

i dont want to seem like a wise ass but why not just remove your e-mail from your profile or maybe put a hotmail account in there.

we are all friends in here but i'm sure there are some people who think as long as they e-mail it to you they could say anything they want, rude, vulgaur or what ever.

save your self some trouble and remove your e-mail form the profile!
    Why should I do that, I'm not the one acting like an ass..... I would like people to be able to contact me about relevant stuff - also having my correct email in here helps when notices to thread I follow is send to me!

Yes, I would say we should on a case by case basis. We (if I can speak for the rest of the mods) would not start going around deleting and censoring threads unless they start causing people to become uncomfortable or abusive. (If we were going to do so, we would have already been doing it, since we have been able to.)

Just my two cents....

I think if people are receiving harrassment because of the thread, or they have another good reason, then delete it. I mean we can either be a community that cares about our members being harrassed, or we can care more about preserving every single post they make for whatever reason. What reason could there be for allowing Lovechild to continuously get harassed?

As for Lovechild, I don't think it would hurt for you to remove your e-mail from your profile for a little while while the thread you created dies away. I think if you put your e-mail in your profile, you should expect something like this. (I'm really surprised I haven't pissed anyone off and gotten death threats or something.) Deleting the thread won't likely stop the e-mails so remove your address or deal with the assholes in the world.

Mentor

Deleting the thread won't likely stop the e-mails so remove your address or deal with the assholes in the world.
    thats what i ment by removing your e-mail address, weather the thread is there or not your e-mail is still visible!