Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks

Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks

I have read the forum topics about the hosting service.
    And i would have to agree, that the linuxjunior website is slow.

That, seems to be the ONLY website on the server with this problem. Next time it is slow, ping www.pinehead.com from your computer and see if the actual server is slow, or the back ground of linuxjunior.org like the mysql it carries with it.

Their was an 8 hour outage. They moved my server from one datacenter to another. This is a dedicated server i do not own the lines, but i do know that the lines are on a ds3 line.

I hope things are better now, Please reply and tell me what is slow on the site, so we can figure this out.

Thanks
    Anthony

Re: Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks

Mostly we are concerned with the downtime. it's not just that 8 hour block, but it's almost once a week the board will be unavailable for 2-10 minutes.

I understand how this site can be slow, due to the heavy cgi processing that has to go on, which is why we are pushing for a php/mysql solution. You do support those right?

Anywho, perhaps we will start keeping a log of fwhen the board is unavailable, to compare with your server logs.

DO you get any advanced notification when outages are expected?

Good god, timing is everything...

I was replying to this tread, seen above, and I got a 500 error....

time is 1:08pm Pacific Standard Time.

lost it last night for abour 30 minutes
    around 11pm if Im not mistaken....Im normally active betw 7pm-7am EST, will keep you updated

Well, i have been working inside the server all day and my ssh session never closed. And the server never went down.

When you see these errors, make sure that it is the site, and not the server so we can figure out these problems.

But according to what you all are saying that it is just the site so far that is unavailable.
    Thanks
    Anthony

Advisor

I've had some problems with the site from time to time, but they were not related to downtime, it was more as if the virtual hosting was all shot to hell..
    DNS queuering gave me a list of the other hosted domains on the same IP, and connecting to those gave the same kind of problems..

But it's been some time since I've experienced actual down time..

Great, if it's the site, then you should have all kinds of out put in your logs.

What HTTPD server are you using?

I understand how this site can be slow, due to the heavy cgi processing that has to go on, which is why we are pushing for a php/mysql solution. *You *do support those right?
    From what I just read over at www.pinehead.com they do support both of these along with loads of other things. ;D

well, from what i have seen it is the actuall site..
    Let me allow more bandwidth to the site and see what happends.. I will also check some mysql processes out, and i have something for apache that i will also think will help out..

Thanks.
    Anthony

Keep giving me reports.
    This seems to be the only site with this prob...
    I am also hosting forums.empirequest.com which is a heaver trafic site then this.. whith no such probs.. So you all go over their and tell me if their are issues of their cause non of the 2,789 users over their complaign about any of these issues.

Thanks
    Anthony

Well, i just did some looking up into it.

The forums.empirequest.com is using vbulliton.

Also has a larger database with more users and uses php.

If you compare the sites speed, linuxjunior is deffently slower.
    as http://forums.empirequest.com is speedy.

Let me knwo what you all think.
    Thanks
    Anthony