Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks

Re: Web Hosting - Pinehead Networks

If the site goes completely down again, anyone who notices should do a traceroute. I used to have to do that when my college's connection went down. I found out that the university they were leasing the lines from was the problem.

I don't know how many of you checked out the http://forums.empirequest.com site, but, the speed of that site should speak for itself. This is the only website we actualyl have complaints on and http://www.phpmessageboard.com/forum/ is also another forum on this server. If you load both of those pages then take a look at the linuxjunior.org page the linuxjunior.org page loads 20 times slower than the other two, but all 3 are on the same server.

becuase i have proven it is not the server, and yet, clovern seems to be thick headed, I am getting the impression that me hosting linuxjunior is only giving Pinehead Networks a bad reputation for providing a good service.

Anthony

Pinehead, the EQ site seems awfully slow for me, nearly as bad as LJR on a high load day. Might be the fact that I'm from the other side of the pond.

Mentor

I don't know how many of you checked out the http://forums.empirequest.com site, but, the speed of that site should speak for itself. This is the only website we actualyl have complaints on and http://www.phpmessageboard.com/forum/ is also another forum on this server. If you load both of those pages then take a look at the linuxjunior.org page the linuxjunior.org page loads 20 times slower than the other two, but all 3 are on the same server.

becuase i have proven it is not the server, and yet, clovern seems to be thick headed, I am getting the impression that me hosting linuxjunior is only giving Pinehead Networks a bad reputation for providing a good service.

Anthony
    Why are we talking in this tone? My previous post clearly states that I don't have a problem with speed, but outages. What is thick headed about that?

Pinehead the thing is that we never or atleast I never had experience these problems on the other server.. All these problems started whe we switched to you . The problem is not the speed I dont think its even slow but I dont want to get 404's for 5-10 mins like just a couple of mins ago..

yes, just a little bit ago you did get an error, becuase apahce was stopped. The reason it was stopped was becusae i am doing everythign i can to make this site run faster. This seems to be the onyl site with that prob.

yes, just a little bit ago you did get an error, becuase apahce was stopped. The reason it was stopped was becusae i am doing everythign i can to make this site run faster. This seems to be the onyl site with that prob.

While we appreciate this, it's not a scapegoat. Sure it's only happening to our site, but that means there is something between our site and your server that's not being liked.

Do you have any other sites on the server that have such a high CGI load? CGI takes quite a bit of CPU power, especially on a higher traffic site like this one. Keep in mind, usercount != site count. We have plenty of people who just lurk,and never register.

Could it be a problem with the max connections? max clients? Max requests per child? Something to that effect? That *could* give THIS site a 404, or a 500, while the other sites are up.

Thankyou for taking the time to work these problems out with us.

ok, Let me know now if speed gets a little bit faster.. I made some changes.

Anthony

Thank you for giving suggestions on how to come over this problem. Although i tried something diffrent, it is relief of someone else helping solv the prob rather than saying "it still doesn't work"
    Thanks again
    Anthony

While we appreciate this, it's not a scapegoat. *Sure it's only happening to our site, but that means there is something between our site and your server that's not being liked. *

Do you have any other sites on the server that have such a high CGI load? *CGI takes quite a bit of CPU power, especially on a higher traffic site like this one. *Keep in mind, usercount != site count. *We have plenty of people who just lurk,and never register.

Could it be a problem with the max connections? *max clients? *Max requests per child? *Something to that effect? *That *could* give THIS site a 404, or a 500, while the other sites are up.

Thankyou for taking the time to work these problems out with us.

It seems to have gotten quite a bit faster!!

What exactly did you do? (I also run apache for hosting sites, so I'm interested)