Thread: I can't access LJR from a certain comp

I can't access LJR from a certain comp

This is weird. I can access LJR perfectly from any computer at work, except one certain machine. Every time I try to access this website, it says "www.linuxjunior.org could not be found". I can access every other website just well from that machine, but not LJR.

All the computers here have win98 and so does the computer that doesn't let me access LJR. The only difference is that the stupid comp has IE 5.5 and the others have lower IE versions.

What's happening here?

Re: I can't access LJR from a certain comp

That happens from time to time with some machine which run the evil OS, it's a DNS problem. So you might want to look into changing the host file to reflect the address for LJR, or change the DNS setup to match the other machines, since it mostly differs from the regular setup.

I had the same thing happen with my desktop PC, and I found that adding LJR to the host file was a good quick hack solution, so go hack babygirl :P

What are you doing up this late LC?

What are you doing up this late LC?
    Late??

it's 10am here, I'm due for a meeting with a guy from school. He transfered ito my school and he doesn't know a line of C++ so I've taken it upon myself to bring him up to the class level. So far he's doing great, but he's a little slow at picking up stuff, otherwise he's a great guy.

Good Guru

What's happening here?
    You've been struck by a smooth criminal.

Kind Mastermind

Late??

it's 10am here, I'm due for a meeting with a guy from school. He transfered ito my school and he doesn't know a line of C++ so I've taken it upon myself to bring him up to the class level. So far he's doing great, but he's a little slow at picking up stuff, otherwise he's a great guy.
    Don't you just love the whole crazy time-zone differences? It's great being seven to ten hours different from the rest of the family.

You know lovechild, I appreciate the fact that you are a helpful person. It is nice to see, considering the fact that everywhere I turn I see people being selfish.

8)Lovechild 8)

Don't you just love the whole crazy time-zone differences? It's great being seven to ten hours different from the rest of the family.

You know lovechild, I appreciate the fact that you are a helpful person. It is nice to see, considering the fact that everywhere I turn I see people being selfish.

8)Lovechild 8)
    Well, I try my best to be a nice guy.....