Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking PET requests

Taking PET requests

I'm thinking of popping out a few today and then I was wondering, what are people in the market for learning about - and no I decided to kill the C++ journal in favor of the idea that was sujested in the programming forum, so it ain't coming back.

What's on the drawing board:

LFS, the cool way - about installing and removing software the neat way
    KDE3, compiling a DE for dummies.

I have a few sideprojects with GeForce and Radeon guides, but both of those are major projects and will require some more time.

Good Guru

Re: Taking PET requests

Well I got a NIS and NFS PET in the works right now. I just got some troubleshooting to do.

Another I plan on doing is a Squid PET. I am eventually going to ditch my RT311 router and have my Spaten.schotty.net server do the NIS and routing. As I finish they will be submitted. I can volunteer to write anything else that may fall in this category as well (net sharing based on login, etc.)

I think a pet on IPTables, IPChains and Firewalls in general would be useful for those of us that are know quat about it. There are some how-to's out there, but most of them just refer on how to set it up for a network, not for single boxes.

i'll do the KDE PET

i'll do the KDE PET
    I'm almost done now d00d, but I decided to "rip off" the LFS hint and update it, to get all dependencies and all the cool stuff (like kio slave audiocd and that type of shit)

But go ahead, I'll just send you what I've got and you can update the PET.

ohh and please update the Mozilla PET to include information on freetype in 0.9.9

well i'm already about done with the KDE PET
    i'm gonna add it in a couple of minutes. U can send me ur stuff and i'll add it cuz i didn't cover the dependencies in my PET and together we will have written an excellent KDE compilation PET

ohh and please update the Mozilla PET to include information on freetype in 0.9.9
    right, i should look into that... allthough i don't use mozilla anymore... <shameless plug>KONQ BABY</shameless plug>

right, i should look into that... allthough i don't use mozilla anymore... <shameless plug>KONQ BABY</shameless plug>
    KONQI BABY... It's almost as good as s*x !!

done
    i just added the extra configure option though

I've got an IceWM PET done in draft, but have not had time to finish it up. Maybe this weekend....