Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #ljr Roundtable

#ljr Roundtable

Ive noticed an influx of new linux users on the site lately, and I think that we should have a roundtable of sort in #ljr once a week at 2 specific times (1 for the americas, 1 for europeans) in order to respect the needs of those in different time zones.

Im not suggesting a linux help desk or anything like that, but basically a think tank for new linuxers to take advantage of. Which oddly seems like the same thing but isnt really.

Plus anytime you get to see Ralinx slap the s*&# out of LC is worth the time set aside in ones afternoon/evening.

just a thought
    i have a thousand of them

Re: #ljr Roundtable

Why would Ralinx slap the shit out of me ??

He's my friend, or at least he pretends to be.

But I'm all for the idea, I would gladly sign up for giving live, online help on #ljr once a week for a few hours.

LC that was like 2 weeks ago

Maybe you had just left the channel or something.

[22:08] * Ralinx slaps the shit out of Lovechild
    Nothing personal, I think he slapped the shit out of Kernel_Killer as well.

Oh everybody does that every now and again... I think he was trying to make me listen to something he said..

I dont think that the regular users are so rude to each other, but a support table would be a very good idea - so count me in ..

Plus it's much easier to fix problems in "realtime" - but it would be nice if people would post the relevant parts of the chat log so that others might benefit from the help to, and so that we hopefully won't have to solve the same problem several times.

Count me in. Im not the most knowledgable person, but i will help.

now how do we get the word out?

now how do we get the word out?
    Allow me...

CLOVERM !!!!! We need some sort of help here.. can you like set some stuff up so that we ensure that EVERYONE notices this ?

I was thinking maybe a sub page for this project, with explainations on HOW to get to #ljr and how to use basic IRC.

Oh and when do we meet.

I'm mostly available Friday afternoons here, from around 2am GMT+1

Allow me...

CLOVERM !!!!! We need some sort of help here.. can you like set some stuff up so that we ensure that EVERYONE notices this ?

I was thinking maybe a sub page for this project, with explainations on HOW to get to #ljr and how to use basic IRC.
    good idea, we should include a link to the stats page too ..

I'm mostly available Friday afternoons here, from around 2am GMT+1
    that would be a good time for me too .. any others who want to participate from europe ?