Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Allow classes to create own forum/posts

Thread: Allow classes to create own forum/posts

Allow classes to create own forum/posts

Hi,

Im taking a class in Networked VR. and we program and make projects. The class uses emails to ask each other questions about the assignments or the class. It would be cool to have a centralized archive/forum to do this instead of emails. Would it be possible to allow official classes create their own forums and have people of that class register w/ linux junior to post messages?

In return, the professor can place material and such on the site so people not taking the class can get take a peak at some of the things other people are doing. So if some one cruzed thru the classes forum they could look at Net Virtual reality and see some of the things we do in this class.

I know that there are other sites that host classes but, im not sure if they let you post.

Just an idea.

thanx,

Good Guru

Re: Allow classes to create own forum/posts

Disclaimer: Schotty is not a web developer, never was, and never shall be. Any code ideas are to be taken under this pretext.

I see no reason why you couldnt usse a web page that just has a webboard type link or interface on it. That way it is public, and only people that you allow can post. (Alleviates the troll factor).

Ok,

true but I was just thinking of a place where you could go and
    see what other people are doing in terms of class project class work.

There are alot of classes I would like to take and it would be nice to go to a website and see some of the things that they learn.

Make an IRC server.

Good Guru

YaBB is actually very easy to set it up. Why not do it your own ?? I don't think Pinehead will like to host another board since LJR is basically getting free bandwidth from Pinehead.

I can even host a web forum for your class. If all of you would be accessing it from a certian ip range, I might even be able to block it off for you. I'm cheap, or, if you want to run it @ the school, I can set that up for you as well. Contact me off list if you wish.