Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving site - scheduled downtime

Kind Mastermind

Re: Moving site - scheduled downtime

Once you go into maintenance mode, how long do you anticipate it taking before we can post again? I am just curious, as I can't access the internet at home right now, but I want to help jafo out (hopefully) with his problem. For that, obviously, we would need to be able to post. Thanks for the super site. Will you accept money orders to help pay for this site's hosting?

Mentor

Once you go into maintenance mode, how long do you anticipate it taking before we can post again? *I am just curious, as I can't access the internet at home right now, but I want to help jafo out (hopefully) with his problem. *For that, obviously, we would need to be able to post. *Thanks for the super site. *Will you accept money orders to help pay for this site's hosting?
    I expect the site to be up and running on phpwebhosting sometime before noon on June 2nd. As I mentioned you would have to use a temporarly url to get to it until the DNS record gets updated at you ISP. Keep checking back here for updates. Yes, you can send money orders, I'll give you the address. But no rush!

Kind Mastermind

I expect the site to be up and running on phpwebhosting sometime before noon on June 2nd. As I mentioned you would have to use a temporarly url to get to it until the DNS record gets updated at you ISP. Keep checking back here for updates. Yes, you can send money orders, I'll give you the address. But no rush! *
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait until after noon then to post my reply (magnanimous of me, eh ). Email me your address if you don't want it to be posted for general consumption. I can't say for sure when I would send money (I'll have to slip it under my wife's radar!), but it should be within a week or two after I get your address.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait until after noon then to post my reply (magnanimous of me, eh ). Email me your address if you don't want it to be posted for general consumption. I can't say for sure when I would send money (I'll have to slip it under my wife's radar!), but it should be within a week or two after I get your address.
    Same here. I'll post something ASAP.

Mentor

The board is in maintenance mode rigth now. I will post the temporarly url to the new server as soon as the board is up and running there (sometime before noon EST on the 2nd June).

Mentor

The move has failed! >

The cronjob I was relying on to get the files off the server did not work. I cannot get ahold of anyone at Pinehead, there email is down as well. Now I'm stuck. The only thing I have is a backup file in raq4 format, but I have no idea how to extract the files out of it. Maybe with some joint effort we can figure out?

I opened the board back until I can get the files and set up the site on phpwebhosting.

Its Okay So we loose a few posts, we can repost them.

Its Okay * *So we loose a few posts, *we can repost them.
    Yeah, there's no point in panicking, that'll jut make things worse.

Remember; deep, slow breaths "Ommmmmmmmm manie padme ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm". ;D

Mentor

No, I'm not panicking, just trying to figure out how to get the files off of the Pinehead server without FTP access.

No, I'm not panicking, just trying to figure out how to get the files off of the Pinehead server without FTP access.
    Where's the sysadmin when you need him