Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Comes Clean

Re: Bin Laden Comes Clean

Looks like the Brits are going to try to convince the remaining doubting Thomases of al Qaida's and bin Laden's guilt. *My only question: *Why aren't the Americans taking the lead on this?

See http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe...oof/index.html

Mentor

Looks like the Brits are going to try to convince the remaining doubting Thomases of al Qaida's and bin Laden's guilt. *My only question: *Why aren't the Americans taking the lead on this?

See http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe...oof/index.html
    They way i see they are sharing the job.

The americans are taking care of all the dirty work ( killing off the taliban )
    The Britans are justifing the US for their act by proving that the taliban and bin laden were involved.

Seems to be working out fine. I'm ok with it.

I never thought I'd say this, but go England!

The Britans are justifing the US for their act by proving that the taliban and bin laden were involved.

Seems to be working out fine. I'm ok with it.
    Aren't the SAS putting (some of?) the laser guiders in for the US bombs/missisles, simlar to the Gulf?

Do we need any more reasons to drop the BOMB.

It's going to come to that ( nukes ) because they are activly looking for neuclear weapons, so i say we beat them to the punch and drop a nuke on them, then that way we can split the area up between all countries that helped us, Brittan , Italy, gremany, Canada anyone else i forgot, we can take the oil fields and start producing oil for the world in a business like fasion.
    and how exactly are u gonna get to that oil when the whole area is full of nuclear radiation?

and how exactly are u gonna get to that oil when the whole area is full of nuclear radiation?
    I could be wrong, but I think the question is academic because Afganistan doesn't have any known oil reserves.

It's going to come to that ( nukes ) because they are activly looking for neuclear weapons, so i say we beat them to the punch and drop a nuke on them, then that way we can split the area up between all countries that helped us, Brittan , Italy, gremany, Canada anyone else i forgot, we can take the oil fields and start producing oil for the world in a business like fasion.
    Umm, why do you think we were attacked in the FIRST place? This is where all of the animosity started.

see Treaty of Versaille

strange, I thought that was the northern alliance. The "dirty work" the americans are doing (aside from a few covert ops people, US "equivelent" to the SAS) are dropping bombs. Hardly "dirty work"

Also last I saw on the news brittain was queueing up a few thousand troops to send into kabul.

Weaver link=board=playground&num=1005524423&start =0#17 date=11/15/01 at 03:13:20]
    strange, I thought that was the northern alliance. The "dirty work" the americans are doing (aside from a few covert ops people, US "equivelent" to the SAS) are dropping bombs. Hardly "dirty work"
    Details...

Well, it seems like the Northern Alliance is a lot worse than the current government (Talaban). There has been a few scholars on the subject who have been trying to get the word out. There is a quote that goes to something of this effect ... "I hope we know what we're doing; We are putting the Northern Alliance into power, and they make the Talaban look like santa clause ..."

Though I won't pretend to be a person who knows much about that area of the world, I do know that what I have heard from people from the middle east who attend school say they are a terrible, terrible group of people.