Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

My rant... I hate life - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My rant... I hate life

Re: My rant... I hate life

Agreed! *God, I wish I could get out of the military.
    Strike your commanding officer, wear womens clothing, kidnap someone and as ransom, demand a football helm filled with peanut butter..

That should do the trick !

From the POV of a Vietnam-era vet, suck it up and STAY IN!! If you can do 20, you'll be really glad you did when it's over. I enlisted in '66, and decided I din't wanna go to 'nam when it came time to re-up. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!!! STAY IN, 'cause when you retire, you'll have a real nice little nest egg. I know it seems like 20 years is a LONG time, but don't kid yourselves, it goes by in a flash.

Kind Mastermind

From the POV of a Vietnam-era vet, suck it up and STAY IN!! *If you can do 20, you'll be really glad you did when it's over. *I enlisted in '66, and decided I din't wanna go to 'nam when it came time to re-up. *WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!!! *STAY IN, 'cause when you retire, you'll have a real nice little nest egg. *I know it seems like 20 years is a LONG time, but don't kid yourselves, it goes by in a flash.
    Very good points, no doubt. I have only nine years left. Now, the way things are, we can't get the real manning that we need (twelve hour shifts for the last five years. That is no way to raise 3.5 kids and establish a strong relationship with the wife). As if supporting on going ops isn't taking it's toll on our manning, they don't send in temporary troops when they add another mission. People are burning out at a greater than normal pace. My wife hates my job. I am either at work, sleeping, getting ready for work, or doing something for work. Don't get me wrong, I really want to go to retirement, I just don't think my family will survive if I do. My family is more important than my career.

By the way, thank you for serving!

Kind Mastermind

Currently life sucks..

1. My Visa card was stolen, soo I have no money
    2. I have exams from Monday and on, soo I have to waste my weekend studying..
    3. The dirty inode problem in kernel 2.4.15 kicked in and destoryed my destop PCs partitions, my server's hd was killed soo I have no means to backup my data.
    4. My depression returned at full force soo I had to buy more anti depressant drugs
    5. I'm sick with the flu, and I can't breath or eat...
    6. My email account is weird, soo I have to use my old hotmail account and since Linux is down - I'm using my laptop and Windows..

Well, from here on it can only get better !
    How is your flu? *Is it gone yet? *I hope you have (had?) a speedy recovery.

Your situation is a bit depressing, but your realization that things can only get better is reassuring. BTW, you're not wasting your time studying (a typical case of student rebellion). Your interviewer will not be as impressed with your diploma/degree as with "what can you do for this company's bottom line? Show me." 8)

Currently life sucks..

1. My Visa card was stolen, soo I have no money
    2. I have exams from Monday and on, soo I have to waste my weekend studying..
    3. The dirty inode problem in kernel 2.4.15 kicked in and destoryed my destop PCs partitions, my server's hd was killed soo I have no means to backup my data.
    4. My depression returned at full force soo I had to buy more anti depressant drugs
    5. I'm sick with the flu, and I can't breath or eat...
    6. My email account is weird, soo I have to use my old hotmail account and since Linux is down - I'm using my laptop and Windows..

Well, from here on it can only get better !
    Sorry you are in the doldrums,man.I kinda know how you feel as I'm in the middle of a divorce.To pick myself up,I just blew $34,000 on a new vehicle.Well, I let the soon to be ex take the new truck which left me with the beast 4x4. So I needed another buggy.Break out the mad money and treat yourself!

Kind Mastermind

Sorry you are in the doldrums,man.I kinda know how you feel as I'm in the middle of a divorce.To pick myself up,I just blew $34,000 on a new vehicle.Well, I let the soon to be ex take the new truck which left me with the beast 4x4. So I needed another buggy.Break out the mad money and treat yourself!
    Must be nice to just blow $34,000! What the heck did ya buy? What do you do for a living (please don't tell me you live in Miami and own an "import/export" business!)?

Without his Visa, he says that he is broke. I guess being broke means no breaking out the mad money and treating himself.

Sorry to hear your getting a divorce. I told my wife that if she ever wanted a divorce, we were going to take a road trip to Louisiana. She can pack whatever she wants, I'll only need to bring a shovel! Seriously, though, divorce can be a real drag. Several of my friends have gotten divorced in the last year.

How is your flu? *Is it gone yet? *I hope you have (had?) a speedy recovery.
    I've been sick for one week now... Still can't breath.. still ill.

This sucks, I hate my immunesystem !

Hey stryder144, I work in the petroleum industry and yes it pays ok though I'm sick to death of it.Bought a new Chevy pickup.Lovechild when you get better go out do something that makes you feel good,ma man.We all get in a rut from time to time and things get better sooner or later.Heck you're in college so the sky is the limit for you.Lovechild has life by the balls!