Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your user name?

Re: How did you choose your user name?

It's the name of the project I was assigned to in 'Nam 8)

I used to use the name popin'fresh, but changed it, I don't know why, kinda stuck.

I kinda just stole the name from the movie The Net. My other handle, Maverick, I just liked the sound of it.
    Bet you found Zeb2 easy.

Mentor

My user name is AGAR which is my lastname.

Agar ..........isnt that the guy from f-troop?

Bet you found Zeb2 easy.
    Huh?

Huh?
    It was a long shot, but you remined me of someone from a board I was on a year ago.

i had a tshirt my uncle got me with a gorn on it from startrek and it said gorn.

so me and my friend always mad gorn jokes, then once we were talking on aim and i got evilgorn he got smellygorn. we never used those though, just that one time

but then after not talking to him for quite a while i talked again and he told me i should use my gorn name, so i started using my old and new often

on aim now i use gorntotherescue and one of my friends calls me TTR (to the rescue) now when she sees me.

I don't even remember exactly where my nick came from. A looong time ago when I had just got a modem and it was one of the first times I used minicom, I wanted to go to a BBS and I had to choose a user name. I don't remember what I had been doing that day, but it had something to do with engines (don't ask me why!) so I thought that my user name should also have something to do with engines. I thought I was funny when I chose ngene as my user name because it's supposed to be pronounced like "engine". I sorta got used to that nick and started to use something like ngene, n-gene, or NGene everywhere.

Soo my user name doesn't have anything to do with genes, although these days I mess with them because of my studies.

Funny, I always thought it had to do with genetics, go figure. I seem to recall you studing Chemistry and Biology, as a part of Finnish high school maybe ? or was that a job... I'm soo bad at remembering these things...

Soo anyways I pronouced it "N gene" for that reason, I'll correct that right away.

As I already started a thread here on this topic, once before I won't tell you were my nick comes from. Go seek guys !

Funny, I always thought it had to do with genetics, go figure. I seem to recall you studing Chemistry and Biology, as a part of Finnish high school maybe ? or was that a job... I'm soo *bad at remembering these things...

Soo anyways I pronouced it "N gene" for that reason, I'll correct that right away.

As I already started a thread here on this topic, once before I won't tell you were my nick comes from. Go seek guys !
    We all know the story.... Its from JFK your or one of your favorite movies and on the plane their is a hippy girl and she has lovechild written on her shirt.

We all know the story.... Its from JFK your or one of *your favorite movies and on the plane their is a hippy girl and she has lovechild written on her shirt. *
    her belly actually, and she is not on the plane... no matter, you seem mad, why ?