Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How did you choose your user name? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your user name?

Re: How did you choose your user name?

My user name is AGAR which is my lastname.
    Is that the only reason? I thought maybe, since Agar is the sugary stuff they put in petri dishes to grow bacteria with, you might have chosen the name because you like science... oh well.

when i first got my cable connection i wanted to sign up for icq but i didn't have a nick yet... so i thought about it but i couldn't find anything but then i noticed the CD i was listening to and it was Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx. It's one of my favourite albums of all time. so i just took the first 2 letters (Ra) and the last 4 (linx) and i just started using that.

this nick is also pretty unique. i've never found another ralinx on the web. if u do find one, let me know so i can hack the shit out of him

mine comes from civ <- civilization the game and 1492 <-- good date discovery of america and the end of the Middle Ages.
    It is can also be associated with the band / singer civ ... according to S.D Willie

actually, my nickname is demancey

"coltrane" is the name of my system at home
    John "coltrane" is my favorite jazz musician

Associate

My name is Rod.... I prefer to think that it stands for Rely On Debian.

Regards,
    Rod

My initials are cga. I had pretty much always used my initials back in the old usenet days. Never really changed.

But I am good company with others who use their initials. ;D

Good Guru

Well, my last name is Schott. In high school a few of the guys decided to call me schotty. It stuck so well, my handles everwhere are now schotty. Come to think of it, I have been going by that for over 8 years now!!

Mentor

mine comes from civ <- civilization the game and 1492 <-- good date discovery of america and the end of the Middle Ages.
    It is can also be associated with *the band / singer civ ... according to S.D Willie
    yea, civ from gorilla biscuit!!!

i guess it's a NY thing?

i guess it's a NY thing?
    Yep he is from NY .. great music 8)

Is that the only reason? I thought maybe, since Agar is the sugary stuff they put in petri dishes to grow bacteria with, you might have chosen the name because you like science... oh well.
    The science story sounds more interesting. I'll start saying it was a combination of the last name and the science