Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your user name?

Kind Mastermind

How did you choose your user name?

I've been wondering where people got their handle from. *For instance, I took mine from the J.R.R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings" books -- Strider, modified to stryder plus I added the numeric form of my last name, Gross. *Where did you get yours?

Re: How did you choose your user name?

I kinda just stole the name from the movie The Net. My other handle, Maverick, I just liked the sound of it. I know other people, sites, or movies have the name but I didn't get the idea from them.

It's my middle name. (I'm not very creative.)

Ooh, I like telling this story

Ok, when I was in grade 7 (holy crap, that was 6 years ago... heheh ), my friends nicknamed me "Fester", as in Uncle Fester (from the Addams Family) because I was bald at the time.

Then in grade 9, I grew out my hair and the nickname didn't fit very well. Also, at the time, the 'l33t-sp34k' fad was catching on in the gaming community. My friends were getting tired of my nick and told me I should change it. I wasn't crazy about using numbers, so I just changed the S to a Z. I thought Fezter sounded pretty stupid, so I made it Feztaa.

I really like it because it's unique: Occaisionally I'll run searches for my name, and to this day I've never found anybody else who uses it. "Fez" is quite common, but not "Feztaa".

;D

let me see my first name is paul, my middle initial is b and my last name is smith. wait no - that would make me pbsmith....

Mentor

my first name is bob and i took the last 5 letters of my last name ( that's what all my friends call me lucci pronounced "lu-chi" or bobby-luch ) i liked boblucci better , i think it sounds better!

I already explained this once here, so I'll make this brief. I created it in the shower from a cross of Tenchi and Kenshin to use for the name of a character I wrote in a story. I only expected to use it temporarily at first, but I grew to like it and it ended up being my nickname. The stories are here:

http://206.254.198.93/~kenshi/kenshi.html

I use to use it on IRC when I was in 8th grade. Came up with it just trying to find a name that I liked and wasn't taken allready (Zephyr was more popular than I thought).

In 5th grade for a project I made a comic book entitled "James Bund" poking fun at all the James Bond movies. The guy who was supposed to be like Q I named Cheeves. To this date I have no clue how it popped into my head. One day several years later I made a sequal to the comic and put it on my webpage. I thought the name of Cheeves was so cool I renamed the website Cheeves. Then I started using Cheeves as a username for stuff. Then my page got killed by homestead.com so I packed up and moved my site to geocities where it presently is. I started using cheeves more and more for a username and nickname, and everybody at school started calling me Cheeves because they thought my website was so funny, so it just kind of stuck. well thats my story.

It's my middle name. *(I'm not very creative.)
    My user name is AGAR which is my lastname. I'm less creative then you. People can't insult my name. I just say I dont' care

Sometimes I also go by 3 when playing counter-strike