Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've made a new improved distro: Linux XP !!

Re: I've made a new improved distro: Linux XP !!

-really like the screen shot, took me a few seconds to get it though

-really like the screen shot, took me a few seconds to get it though
    Oh boo freakin hoo. You must be one of those dsl nazis.

Kind Mastermind

Oh boo freakin hoo. You must be one of those dsl nazis.
    Still sore about 28k? I am in the same basic boat as you, Kenshi. But you know, I don't mind it too much. I do wish that I had the same download speed as at work, but they don't offer that type of speed here (56k is the fastest we get, period).

Still sore about 28k? I am in the same basic boat as you, Kenshi.
    A dial-up brother! It's not very common that we run into each other. We really need to form a fraternity and stick together as one. Together, we will overcome the dsl nazis and cable communists.

Cable is t3h 1337! I can download in seconds what you download in hours

Communist! You will be eliminated!

The dsl nazis and cable communists should be eliminated. Maybe the future versions of Linux XP will have new dial-up features that let our customers use only those ISP's that our company finds reliable, thus letting the users avoid the confusion of choosing their ISP themselves. But right now we would like to announce our newest Service Pack, the Linux XP Service Pack Improved Features Package Ultra Plus VII. It will have new bugs, security holes, software upgrades and provide access to Linux XP's website and its software archives. Here are some highlights:

Advanced file management. In other Linux distributions, it's easy to accidentally overwrite or delete an important file, without the chance to undo the changes. In Linux XP's new upgraded graphical file manager the risk of doing this unfortunate mistake is smaller. For example, when the user deletes a file, Linux XP will show a dialog asking: "Do you want to delete this file?" If the user clicks OK, another dialog says: "If you delete this file, it will be removed from your system. Proceed?" If the user clicks OK, another dialog informs: "If you remove this file, you won't be able to view or execute it anymore. Are you sure?" If the user clicks OK, another dialog says: "Removing this file may affect other files on your system. Do you want to continue?" If the user clicks OK, a dialog asks: "Are you sure you want to delete this file?" If the user clicks OK, the file manager will move the file to Trash and Tuxedo pops up telling the user that he's removed the file and he won't be able to execute it again, unless he wants to restore it from Trash.

Improved virus and worm support. The unfortunate fact is that there are many viruses for Windows but very few for Linux. Linux XP has a special support for Windows viruses, which means that Windows viruses can damage a Linux XP system just as much as they damage Windows! This makes users who migrate from Windows really feel like home. The new Outlook compatible mail client for Linux XP ensures the easiest and most efficient way of getting infected by new viruses and forwarding them to all of the user's friends. When a Linux XP system gets infected, the system will show a dialog giving detailed information about the type of infection, showing a status bar and telling the user: "Please wait while your system is being destroyed."

Trojan Horse downloads. The new upgraded Linux XP's website has a Customer's Area with huge software download archives, and the users can easily download many different Trojan horses to their system. And because every normal user on a Linux XP system has the same rights as the root user, our customers can be confident that the damages caused by Trojans are maximised on a Linux XP system, thus letting the users experience exciting moments.

Cracker friendly. Because it is very easy to crack a Windows system, we have realised that most Windows users would feel trapped if they used a normal Linux installation. Fortunately, the new Linux XP has a security system which makes sure that every possible port on a Linux XP system is open. If this isn't enough, we also have a "Cracker Invite Wizard" which walks the user through an easy procedure where he can define how, when and how often he wants the system to be cracked. As a new feature in the latest version of the Cracker Invite Wizard the user can also enable the "Script Kiddie" option and define the age range he prefers, and the Cracker Invite Wizard automatically generates scripts and little programs based on the user's preferences and sends them to the Linux XP 1337 5cr1p7 k1dd13 Community.

You will get all these features and more when you buy our newest Service Pack. The Service Pack will cost only $500 if you order it quickly! Get it now!

You've really lost your mind, haven't you? Pretty soon they'll be coming to wrap you in a wet sheet and take you to a place where ALL the people are SO NICE.

You've really lost your mind, haven't you? *Pretty soon they'll be coming to wrap you in a wet sheet and take you to a place where ALL the people are SO NICE.
    And give pills for free, right?

8) free pills 8)

yummy... especially the green ones! :P

Yeah, LOTS of pills, and if you're REAL GOOD, they'll give you a blast on the electro-shock machine!