Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Time's Man of the Year
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time's Man of the Year

Time's Man of the Year

Do you agree that Rudy Giuliani should have been named Time's Man of the Year? If not, who would you have selected?

Re: Time's Man of the Year

I always vote for RMS on those polls..... :P

Mentor

Corel sea i totaly agree with Time. I guess people who dont live in the tri-state are really dont know what rudy guiliani has done for the city of new york and the surrounding area. I dont live in NYC but if i did i would want him back for as long as he wanted to be mayor.

I believe he is an amazing man, he is loved be the people, even before sept, 11th , he probalby would have won the vote by far if he ran again.

i wish he would come over to Jersey to be governor and run this place like he did NYC!!

Being a Western Canadian, all I know of RG is what I saw on TV. Definitely sounds like a great leader and must have done something right for Queen Elizabeth II to bestow an honorary knighthood on him. Have the U.S. or NY State governments done something similar?

I always vote for RMS on those polls..... :P
    Who's that?

Good Guru

It's amazing how people are forgetful...

Rudy is not even a front runner before Sept. 11 and his popularity was going down. I saw one article but I don't remember where I've read that.... :-/

Who's that?
    Richard Stallman
    founder of GNU

Richard Stallman
    founder of GNU
    DAMN, you beat me to it..

www.stallman.org

Being a Western Canadian, all I know of RG is what I saw on TV. Definitely sounds like a great leader and must have done something right for Queen Elizabeth II to bestow an honorary knighthood on him. Have the U.S. or NY State governments done something similar?
    We don't really have anything like that. We just have prizes and awards and crap, like this thread is about.

If Hitler made it to be Times man of the year so could an American Polotician.

I remember the voting on Man of the year for 2000, they started it like in 96 or so because of the significance of the year. Needless to say Jessus won, except for the fact that Time decided that there is more than one Jesus .... here they are: Jesus Christ, jesus christ, and Jesus. All three were in the top 10 with two of them (the ones who share the last nam) being in the top 5. Always thought that was interesting.