Thread: THAT DOES IT - I'M INSTALLING WINDOWS !

THAT DOES IT - I'M INSTALLING WINDOWS !

I'll tell you all why later

Re: THAT DOES IT - I'M INSTALLING WINDOWS !

traitor... >

GNU > MS

traitor... >

GNU > MS
    No no... I need it to update various bios and firmware stuff - something that sadly currently lack support for in Linux - but I did write an email to ASUS, nVidia and Creative asking for an explaination as to why they discriminated me on basis of my OS choice.

Also, I need to hack my videocard bios a bit - something I can only do with Windows tools atm.

And I'm installing it on a spare HD which will be purified and ritually clensed afterwards.... I would never use the faul OS for anything important !

Can't you do all that with a 98 boot disk instead of an intire installation?

And I'm installing it on a spare HD which will be purified and ritually clensed afterwards.... I would never use the faul OS for anything important !
    You don't think flashing your BIOS is important? Ya know, if Windows was to lock up while you were flashing it, you would almost definately have to buy a new motherboard (or just the BIOS chip if you could find it).

You don't think flashing your BIOS is important? Ya know, if Windows was to lock up while you were flashing it, you would almost definately have to buy a new motherboard (or just the BIOS chip if you could find it).
    I have a backup system - a spare EEPROM chip, with the old original bios lying around. As for the use of a bootdisk, yes I could do that, but I'm working on an nVidia videobios mod, for my large Linux + nVidia = evil FAQ PET thingy - a mod for which software only exists in Windows currently.

You will be pleased to know that I was only in Windows for a very limited number of hours - and that I disinficted myself afterwards.