Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you America

Re: Thank you America

I generally agree with you, though I'm insulted that Canada is last on that list. Death to you, sir!!
    It means that Canada supports Europe and Australia

The US is a great place. It's the poorly educated sheep that make it bad. Anyone who claims to know their rights doesn't.

That street goes both ways, Kenshi. Don't think you can just rape and pillage and get away with it. I'm sure lots of like-minded individuals will be interested in making you their bitch
    I said I could get away with some things, not murder and rape. I could probably get away with murder though if I was careful. That won't matter when I'm daimyo though.

You know, that is kinda funny. We spend trillions of dollars getting rid of the Communist hordes. Yet, our ruling elite's mind set is eerily similar to the Bolshiveks! They believed that you work for the state, and that otherwise, you are worthless. You are the proletariet (sp?), which means someone whose worth is in producing more workers for the furtherance of the government. That is how our commercial republic works. Same clunker, different paint job.
    If the government really feels that way, why do we pay people to be unemployed?

Kind Mastermind

Wow...I have no really good answers for you. Except, most of our government feels bad about the exploitation of the masses, so they must do things that show that they are for the people. If you "give" someone a few small advancements in living conditions, you can usually pacify them to the point that they are blind to the fact that they are being robbed blind. Case in point: give a baby/young child a piece of candy and you can definitely make off with all of their toys! Same concept, slightly different execution.

Good Guru

They have already taxed you for it. They are just giving you back a penny out of a dollar that they taxed.

If you have never worked and paid taxes, you an't getting nothing !

Eventually, you'll get a job and start producing again. Over a persons lifetime, he'll always produce more than he consumes.
    There is credibility for the proposition that the US has turned into a totalitarian state, although I personally don't think it's irreverersable. People have got to assert their usefulness as a person, and not as an economic unit.

Eventually, you'll get a job and start producing again. *Over a persons lifetime, he'll always produce more than he consumes.
    There is credibility for the proposition that the US has turned into a totalitarian state, although I personally don't think it's irreverersable. *People have got to assert their usefulness as a person, and not as an economic unit.
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand why you think people need to assert their usefulness as a person in a capitalist society like ours that, well, kinda assumes that people will be useful as economic units.
    So you're a unique snowflake and all that jazz. What are you going to produce that will benefit the rest of the people in your country? (the individual, IMHO, has no place in the money markets of the world)

This reminds me of a very interesting lecture in the Rurouni Kenshin OAV. In defense of the shogunate, the person said that man needs a higher power to tell him what to do, in order to control his basic instincts. "Without the shogunate, Japan would be a living hell." This does seem to hold some truth, and the United States passes new laws all the time to prevent people from following their basic instincts. The issue is how much is too much and how much is not enough? I'm more of a liberalist myself but some people think they need to be controlled. As Americans, we're supposed to be able to have a say in what the government does. How much of a say do we really have now? How many people even care enough to tell the government how they feel? Will we have another revolution if things get too bad? Seeing the rest of the world doing the same thing, things don't look so promising.

Seeing the rest of the world doing the same thing, things don't look so promising.
    i don't remember having a european DMCA... or a missile defense system for that matter