Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Thank you America - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you America

Re: Thank you America

Hrm...so what system would you rather have?
    I don't have a clue. We're getting back to the state we were in at the end of the 19th century. Political ideas are changing, i.e. read "ai-Quaida" as "anarchist". I think we're in for a bumpy ride, because with the US position of dominance in the world, political unrest here affects every other major power in the world. The United States has put all it's eggs in one basket, and with the anti-globalization movement gaining credibility, I can see trouble ahead for our financial/political stance. The US has got to realize that our view of the world is at odds with other countries, even our allies. If we don't, we're going to regret it. "Even the strongest oak must bend."

What was the law that would've made Linux illegal alread? SCMAAA? Something like that? That would've been extremely bad. I think the best places to live on Earth are:
    -Europe countrys (France, UK, Germany, Italy, etc.)
    -New Zeland and Australia
    -Canada

The USA is not a good place IMO.
    Vince, even though I'm an American citizen, and a veteran, I agree with you. In the last 30 years, this country has been about one thing- MONEY. We stick our noses into internal politics of other nations, and then bitch because the average guy in those countries hate the US

What was the law that would've made Linux illegal alread? SCMAAA? Something like that? That would've been extremely bad. I think the best places to live on Earth are:
    -Canada

i actually agree with vince on this. well i don't know how good Australia and New Zealand are to live, but i live in Europe and life is very good here imho. And i've heard many good things about living in Canada.

I live in Canada and I've always assumed life here was basically the same as in the US, Australia, New Zealand or Europe.

The United States government sucks, but there's nothing better. There hasn't been a decent government anywhere in about 100 years. Why do you think I'm going to Antarctica? It's still under control of various governments, but at least it's so scarcely populated that you can get away with a lot of stuff.

you can get away with a lot of stuff.
    That street goes both ways, Kenshi. Don't think you can just rape and pillage and get away with it. I'm sure lots of like-minded individuals will be interested in making you their bitch

Kind Mastermind

That street goes both ways, Kenshi. Don't think you can just rape and pillage and get away with it. I'm sure lots of like-minded individuals will be interested in making you their bitch
    Hey, since he was talking about Antartica, would that mean that he will get pimped by a penguin? ;D

Kind Mastermind

I agree. *The United States stopped being a representative democracy about 2 weeks after the Constitution was ratified. *We've become a Financial Republic driven by dollars. *The only way legislation gets passed is if someone can make a buck off it, and the average citizen is considered first for his ability to produce, and not for his value as a member of society. *The old Bolsheveks were right, a capialitist society holds its citizens in economic slavery, doing nothing but producing for the ruling elite.
    You know, that is kinda funny. We spend trillions of dollars getting rid of the Communist hordes. Yet, our ruling elite's mind set is eerily similar to the Bolshiveks! They believed that you work for the state, and that otherwise, you are worthless. You are the proletariet (sp?), which means someone whose worth is in producing more workers for the furtherance of the government. That is how our commercial republic works. Same clunker, different paint job.

Kind Mastermind

I would like to take a moment to, from the buttom of my heart, thank the americans for great laws like the DMCA.

I mean the land of the free ? BAH !

/me puts on flamewar armor..... FLAME ON!
    Strangely enough, Lovechild, I think that almost all of the Americans on this forum would agree with you, to one extent or another. So, I salute you and put my flame thrower down!

-Canada

I generally agree with you, though I'm insulted that Canada is last on that list. Death to you, sir!!