Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The world according to America

Re: The world according to America

2. What's wrong with the topless thing in Toronto? *Guys do it all the time, so why should women be prevented from that privilege?
    I donīt want girls/women to walk around topless. I donīt even like it when they are topless at the beach. Itīs not that I have "moral" (I really hate that word) problems with it, I just donīt want to get spoiled.

Have you ever seen nature programs from Africa? The ones where everyone are almost completely naked? Have you ever wondered why the guys donīt have a 24/7 hard on? Itīs because they are spoiled. They see boobies all day so they (the boobies) donīt have the same effect on them as they have on us.

Imagine how horrible it would be to one day discover that "meh, they are just boobies" is what you think when your gf gets nekkid. If that happens to me my primary reason to live will be gone.

You read my paragraph I assume.
    No I just quoted a random post.

Now give me examples of Americans running around acting snobbish. I'm not listening to any more people saying shit they can't prove. Thank you for your cooperation.
    From Thank you America:

The United States government sucks, but there's nothing better. There hasn't been a decent government anywhere in about 100 years. Why do you think I'm going to Antarctica? It's still under control of various governments, but at least it's so scarcely populated that you can get away with a lot of stuff.
    Of course there are no better governments, there are no other United States government.

Pretty harmless but I wonīt waste time searching through 16000 posts.

It shows what many people find irritating though. You say there are no better government than the United Statesī. No "I think" or a reason why you believe it is, you just write it like it is an obvious fact.

Yeah I know, itīs a pretty shitty example, but small things like that add up and give the impression that americans just assume they are the best.

You mean it's considered conceited to say your own government sucks?! It must be a European thing because me and my Canadian girlfriend can't seem to figure it out. Maybe it's just a western hemisphere thing.

Furthermore I did not say at all that our government is better. I said no other government is better. That could mean that some, or all other governments are equally as bad, and that's usually what that phrase implies anyway.

I think I've figured it out. Easterners have some different kind of common sense than us. They think we shouldn't be able to defend our country from verbal assaults or we're arrogant. They think we owe some never-ending gratitude to them for being their descendants. While westerners are more about equality and fairness. I think we've reached a conclusion. No need for anymore disagreements.

You, of all people, prove my point well. This reminds me of an instance at LNO almost a year ago. A thread started up which I believe was entitled "Why all the American bashing?" or something like that. People from other places, especially Europe, was saying it's all because we're arrogant assholes. Well... I searched history and found about 5 threads in the past 3 months that were titled something that disgraced our country. And no, it wasn't jokes like this thread, but true American bashing. I challenged anyone to find any American bashing another country, and everyone seemed to get quiet after that. I was kind of disappointed, so I searched for myself, and lo and behold I found nothing. No wonder no one responded. So I make the same challenge to you fucking snobs again. Find any threads in the last 3 months where Americans bashed any other country, and it has to be the topic of the entire thread, not something like this one where we retaliate the attacks. So walk the walk or shut the fuck up.
    once again oh king of dumbness, i'm not bashing america. i already mentioned a couple of times that most things i like are from america. so why the fuck would i wanna bash america? the only thing i have problems with is the way a lot of americans always seem to feel that they are superior to everyone else. if u still don't get that then maybe u should shut the fuck up.

They think we shouldn't be able to defend our country from verbal assaults or we're arrogant.
    uhm... ok so u guys can defend urselfs from verbal assaults, but we can't when u guys say the US is the only good place in the world? *hmmm....

They think we owe some never-ending gratitude to them for being their descendants.
    reading some of the stuff ur saying i can guarantee u it's not something we're proud of

While westerners are more about equality and fairness.
    huh? equality? fairness? by constantly saying that ur better than the rest of us?

I think we've reached a conclusion. No need for anymore disagreements.
    oh i don't think so

My point, as you pot heads so obviously missed, is that your judging the entire country on a few people. And as far as my thinking before I post something, we has that become a requirement here? Looking at the past posting it hasnt been any time lately. What pisses me off is the stereotyping. The french are seen by americans as rude and obnoxious. Are they? Not from the three times I have been there (Vill-franche and Toulon on the French Riveira). The Italians are supposedly the same way. Not from what I saw when I was there. My whole point is you want to make fun of our foreign policy, go ahead. I'll help you out all the way. Our foreign policy sucks. But taking random potshots about everything about us is lame. Take it or leave it, its my opinion. I'll still come here and contribute either way. Name calling is lame, so If I started it, then I apologize. Just dont judge all of us by what you see on tv.

I lOVE YOU GUYS MAN.

you pot heads
    i find that offensive (i'm not even close to joking about this).
    let me ask u this: do u like alcoholic beverages? do u drink alcohol once in a while? if so then shut the fuck up and don't u ever call me a pot head again u hypocrit cuz i only allow someone who is sober 100% of the time to judge me based on my usage of weed.

Mentor

i find that offensive (i'm not even close to joking about this).
    let me ask u this: do u like alcoholic beverages? do u drink alcohol once in a while? if so then shut the fuck up and don't u ever call me a pot head again u hypocrit cuz i only allow someone who is sober 100% of the time to judge me based on my usage of weed.
    Guys, guys, guys!!! Can we NOT get into arguments like this? This is supposed to be Playground for people to have fun not to call each other names. I'm locking this thread for the best of everybody.