Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The world according to America - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The world according to America

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: The world according to America

Shutup! You take that back!! I'll go cry to my mommy!! :'( :'( :'(
    Better do it quick before she realizes what you did to her computer!!!

(let's admit it folks, Canada is the most beautiful country out there).
    Why, thank you! Although our country is your closest ally, our government is still throwing a lot of money at trying to keep a "Canadian" culture, although it really is a losing battle.

Why, thank you! Although our country is your closest ally, our government is still throwing a lot of money at trying to keep a "Canadian" culture, although it really is a losing battle.
    Littering still a capital crime?

Sorry, someone had to say it.

our government is still throwing a lot of money at trying to keep a "Canadian" culture, although it really is a losing battle.
    I agree, we really are losing the battle of cultural assimilation by the states.

I don't really mind, though. Have you people seen Canadian TV shows?! Geh. I say we let the Americans make our tv shows and movies; they're good at that. We'll always be funnier, though

I don't really mind, though. Have you people seen Canadian TV shows?! Geh. I say we let the Americans make our tv shows and movies; they're good at that. We'll always be funnier, though
    Isn't Lexx a Canadian TV show? I like that one (even though Xev is kinda ugly)...

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, though...they're probably all just mindless drivel. If there aren't any exploding cars, large breasts, gallons of blatantly fake blood, bad acting, and inane plots, it's not an American TV show, and thus it's undeserving of my time. I refuse to buy anything from advertisements for non-US shows.

Littering still a capital crime?

Sorry, someone had to say it.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised!

First off, I am American (actually, I prefer the term US citizen, but whatever) and one of my pet peeves is blind patriotism. It absolutely disgusts me.

And Xev is ugly?! Are you absolutely nuts?

The best girl (NGene) does NOT come from the US
    I agree ;D

If that's the United States version of the world, I'd hate to see the European version, if they even care to make a map of the world.

And what cultural uniqueness does Canada have? Lumberjacking? Lack of a common language? The legalization of women (and girls) walking around topless in Toronto? (I wonder what the mayor or equivelant was thinking...)

I figure most of the people on this board are children and therefore act like children but this America bashing is annoying. I've been trying to estimate the average emotional age of the members of this board and the number has been dropping the past few weeks. It's now pre-teen.
    You're wrong! I'm a 55 year old, Vietnam-era veteran thats sick of seeing my contry turned into a cash-cow for the ruling elite. Everthing thats been said here is completely appropriate, and by the way, free speech is still OK in the US, or would you like to change that?