Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The world according to America

Re: The world according to America

Know what's unfortunate? *I'm not sure whether or not Hamond is being serious or not.
    Well, if you look at Numbers 13:34, you will see that Moses himself predicted, with God's divine guidance, the coming about of a great nation that will ally itself with the Israelites and dominate the world. Why else would everyone say "God bless America" all the time? They know that the USA exists for a higher cause.

The inhabitants of the United States are blessed by God and we were created specifically to do his biddings; and we are. You people just aren't able to understand how this came about and why God chose our nation instead of yours. :

for all you know that country doesnt exist yet, or perhaps its the United States in a different form. While I love being here, Ive had a chance to live in another country and Ive befriended several exchange students, got an understanding of how others "see" this country.

while that picture is pretty, its not that beautiful.

and its statements like that which degrades the picture

The best cryptography does NOT come from the US
    The best wine does NOT come from the US
    The best beer does NOT come from the US
    The best cheese does NOT come from the US
    The best text-editor does NOT come from the US
    The best OS does NOT come from the US
    The best girl (NGene) does NOT come from the US

So Hamond, US is not all that great. *It has good things, but it's not the supreme nation. That was the Romans

all respects to ngene but see :
    <salivating>
    catherine zeta-jones
    halle berry
    </salivating>

hehe, nice.

I figure most of the people on this board are children and therefore act like children but this America bashing is annoying. I've been trying to estimate the average emotional age of the members of this board and the number has been dropping the past few weeks. It's now pre-teen.

I figure most of the people on this board are children and therefore act like children but this America bashing is annoying. I've been trying to estimate the average emotional age of the members of this board and the number has been dropping the past few weeks. It's now pre-teen.
    Shutup! You take that back!! I'll go cry to my mommy!! :'( :'( :'(

This board kind of serves as a outlet for stuff. One thing people have to face is that most everyone dislikes america for one reason or another. I dislike it for it's poor governmental system (rep., rep. republic) and it's weird laws against technology and privacy. When it comes down to it people really dislike the american govt. not america.

I figure most of the people on this board are children and therefore act like children but this America bashing is annoying. *I've been trying to estimate the average emotional age of the members of this board and the number has been dropping the past few weeks. *It's now pre-teen. *
    Would it be more "adult" to do Taliban and Bin Laden bashing?

Kind Mastermind

You know, I don't really mind the America-bashing thing, really. I have lived in three foreign (to the US, anyway) countries, been to almost a dozen or so other countries (let's admit it folks, Canada is the most beautiful country out there). I am a proud American. I have even dated across racial/ethnic/religious lines. So, I think that I am uniquely qualified to speak my mind (not that there are not others on this forum who are just as qualified).

One thing that I have learned is this: the biggest problem that most people have with the US is our aggressive and extensive exportation of our culture. We are destroying the traditional cultures of many countries, destroying their moral fiber, and turning out the young people of those countries as if we were pimps on the corner. We exploit these people simply for their money. We don't care about them or their cultures. We are not particularly sensitive to native sensibilities. So, we run rough-shod all over them and treat them like barbarians if they don't agree with us. We seem to be like the Borgs from Star Trek...if we don't assimilate you, we destroy you. That is not right. Why can't we understand why they hate us? Because we are blind to very fact that we are exploiting them.