Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: online laptop sales

online laptop sales

im looking for a place online i can buy a laptop on. i need one but it doesnt have to be all that fast, just as long is it is at least 200mhz. it also has to be inexpensive. i cant afford much but i can save for a bit. i

Re: online laptop sales

pricewatch.com
    resellerratings.com

and half.com for used stuff.

the cheapest new one i could find on pricewatch was 525 + shipping, and that was a gateway :/ so you might wanna check used sites, and ask around in hardware sales forums (here, lno, and arstechnica), etc.

ive heard too many bad things about pricewatch..

don't be ignorant. the only bad thing is not checking out a company before buying from them. pricewatch doesn't sell anything, they just host a site for vendors to post discount prices. that's why i posted the resellerratings site. if doing a little work and research to save yourself some bucks makes you uncomfortable then can always go to best buy with the rest of the sheep.

Mentor

ive heard too many bad things about pricewatch..
    Like what?

Like what?
    I run into stores not wanting to give you the price pricewatch gives. They give excuses like 'it's sold out but we have non-sale items in stock.' A friend of mine bought a brand new Radeon top-of-the-line off price watch. He even called the company to make sure it was the same one he thought it was and they verified it for him. He then recived the LE version of a lower end model. He was pissed to say the leaset.

a vendor sucks so it's pricewatch's fault?

puhlease. may as well blame the newspaper when the car dealer you find an ad for in there pulls a bait and switch on you.

do make sure to review them on resellerratings.com afterward. likewise if everything went well.

Good Guru

I run into stores not wanting to give you the price pricewatch gives. They give excuses like 'it's sold out but we have non-sale items in stock.'
    That's a bunch of bulls.... You know you can tell them that you will file a complain with their local BBB ( Better Business Bureau ) since advertising false price is illegal for them.

I've had many good buys from vendors from price watch as well. And of course, you will have to check whether that vendor is credible for not too. I bought PC66 128 MBs for 20 bucks each from the vendor from pricewatch and it's working flawlessly. The chip on this machine is also bought through pricewatch vendor as well. So, I'm not sure why your friend just gave up on it for the same exact hardware spec and different price...

I built my whole (except for the case/powersupply) computer out of parts I bought from vendors I saw on pricewatch. I have yet to have any problems with them. Like Yarness said, do a little homework, check resellerratings.com and if you still don't have a warm fuzzy from a dealer, move on somewhere else. Pricewatch has nothing more to do with it.