Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avoid the LNO area........

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Avoid the LNO area........

I joined LNO last January just before all the problems started. I haven't been there since LJR except one day last week I thought I would check it out. There was an article on Unix and Linux conversions that I wanted to print out but, would you believe it, I forgot my password. I didn't bother to ask for an email from them and it's just possible that I'm not there anymore, either. Long live LJR!

I came from LNO originally, (and found my way there from the *nix forum at www.quake3world.com). After Sensei got canned it started to go down hill, so I jumped ship and came here when cloverm started this site. I RARELY post at LNO. This site is where its at! ;D

What area? Looked like the normal bunch of losers doing the normal bunch of loser things.
    as opposed to here. NOTHING asinine ever goes on HERE.

:

And how many of you were there when sensei was running the show? How many of you remember how great it used to be there?
    same place (mostly), same people (except for those who got ALL OFFENDED by the admin and bailed, or got themselves thrown out), same help going on. most of the communitiy would probably move somewhere else, IF they knew everyone else would move with them. which ain't gonna happen.

besides the forum scripts breaking the place has changed extremely little since sensei left. but no one wants to admit it.

Good Guru

same place (mostly), same people (except for those who got ALL OFFENDED by the admin and bailed, or got themselves thrown out), same help going on.
    Now, I didn't pissed off at the Admin and I wasn't thrown out. Where do I fit now??

besides the forum scripts breaking the place has changed extremely little since sensei left. *but no one wants to admit it.
    And I hope you know nothing change is not a good thing..... If things aren't moving, it's just like a ship floating on the sea just waiting for its day to be sinked.... :

On my dial up at home last night it took about 10 minutes to get to the point where I could post a reply. Totally Unsat.

Mentor

please tell me you aren't serious? the amount of elitists on this site is really starting to bug me.. it's supposed to be a help site to new users, not a club for elitists.
    elitists ??

i hope your not serious?? did you for get the sarcastic tags?

Now, Now boys and girls. Lets not have any bickering. I'm a LNO member, and I remember when Sensei ran it (extremely well, I might add.) At that time, it was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot there. When Sensei was pushed out, it was pure chaos, and I think the voulenteer admins did a good job of keeping it alive. I still post there, because there's people I like, but there's also a mean-spirited undercurrent, so I don't spend a lot of time there.
    The bottom line is, they and we are both seeking the same goal- Linux education and awareness. So what's the problem?

the amount of elitists on this site is really starting to bug me.. it's supposed to be a help site to new users, not a club for elitists.
    Excuse me, but I am elite. According to my Calculus teacher, I am an elite math student, otherwise I wouldn't be taking calculus

;D

And how many of you were there when sensei was running the show? How many of you remember how great it used to be there? You guys have been to way to many sensitivity training seminars. Go check out the where is sensei post. Mine is at the bottom, user number 7969, registered in june of '00. Lno is where I started using linux at and where I learned alot. And if you guys cant learn to take a joke then execuse the piss out of me.
    sorry, it's not that I can't take a joke, it's just that it's not always easy to tell when someone IS joking on here(especially if you don't hang around here much... sorry guys )