Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ya just gotta be smarter....

Ya just gotta be smarter....

I just finished installing my BRAND NEW 40Gb. hard drive, and topped that off by installing LibraNet 2.0 on it.
    I did a "preliminary" install of Libra 2.0 on friday, and I found that I couldn't log on as Dean Moriarity here at LJR, because the user "Does not exist". Well, I re-registered as R_.P_. McMurphy, and proceeded to rant about schizophrenia, in a non-PC manner (for which I apologize).
    Now that I've got a full final install of LibraNet, I thought I'd give logging in another shot- no dice, I still didn't exist. Hmmmm.... how about R_.P_. Mcmurphy? Nope, he's outa here too!! WTF????....... AHA, how about creedon? YES!!!! HE LIVES, but LJR thinks he's Dean Moriarity, but that's OK, I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!
    BTW, the LibraNet install went slicker'n deer guts on a doorknob......REAL pretty.....REAL fast, and (so far) EVERYTHING works!!!!! GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kind Mastermind

Re: Ya just gotta be smarter....

I just finished installing my BRAND NEW 40Gb. hard drive, and topped that off by installing LibraNet 2.0 on it.
    I did a "preliminary" install of Libra 2.0 on friday, and I found that I couldn't log on as Dean Moriarity here at LJR, because the user "Does not exist". *Well, I re-registered as R_.P_. McMurphy, and proceeded to rant about schizophrenia, in a non-PC manner (for which I apologize).
    Now that I've got a full final install of LibraNet, I thought I'd give logging in another shot- no dice, I still didn't exist. *Hmmmm.... how about R_.P_. Mcmurphy? *Nope, he's outa here too!! *WTF????....... *AHA, how about creedon? *YES!!!! HE LIVES, but LJR thinks he's Dean Moriarity, but that's OK, I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!
    BTW, the LibraNet install went slicker'n deer guts on a doorknob......REAL pretty.....REAL fast, and (so far) EVERYTHING works!!!!! *GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!!!! * *;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Forty gigs...me babbles senselessly...1.2 gig, 4 gig, 8.4 gig...me wants bigger hdd. I think that I have hard drive envy !

Congrats on getting Libranet installed. As for the creedon issue...that's weird. Proof positive that you should stick with one handle! ;D

/me wants another 40 giger to do a bitching RAID0 setup... oh yeah !!

Kind Mastermind

/me wants another 40 giger to do a bitching RAID0 setup... oh yeah !!
    Now that would be sweet. Heck, I would be happy with two 20gig hdd's in a raid 0 config...

Now that would be sweet. Heck, I would be happy with two 20gig hdd's in a raid 0 config...
    I actually think I'll go buy one tomorrow if I get the time... Hell, if my girlfriend can buy a laptop, I'm sure I can sneak in another HD...

It was getting a little crowded in my box, what with WIN98 on my 15Gb. drive, and LibraNet 1.9.0, CorelLinux 1.2, and a crippled Storm "Rain" install on my 8.4 Gb drive. *I'll most likely try LFS, now that I have the room. *I've given over the 15 Gb to WIN98, because I have tons of scanned images on it, and I'll be doing a lot more. *The only reason I'm keeping Windows on my box is my scanner- it's a UMAX USB scanner that's not supported in Linux. *I've only used about 14 Gb. of my new drive, so I should be OK for elbow room for a while. *LFS....Hmmmmmmmm.........

:-/

how about creedon? YES!!!! HE LIVES, but LJR thinks he's Dean Moriarity, but that's OK
    When you change your nick, the login name stays the same, it only changes what name is displayed on the forum. So you should have been logging in as creedon the whole time (but you probably have your browser set to remember it for you, and you never knew that you were loggin in as creedon when your nick was Dean).

As for why that McMurphy account died, no clue...

Kind Mastermind

It was getting a little crowded in my box, what with WIN98 on my 15Gb. drive, and LibraNet 1.9.0, CorelLinux 1.2, and a crippled Storm "Rain" install on my 8.4 Gb drive. *I'll most likely try LFS, now that I have the room. *I've given over the 15 Gb to WIN98, because I have tons of scanned images on it, and I'll be doing a lot more. *The only reason I'm keeping Windows on my box is my scanner- it's a UMAX USB scanner that's not supported in Linux. *I've only used about 14 Gb. of my new drive, so I should be OK for elbow room for a while. *LFS....Hmmmmmmmm.........

:-/
    Dang...you collect oses?

Nah, I'm the Distro Queen!!! Every time a pengiun winks at me, I invite him to move in! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kind Mastermind

Nah, I'm the Distro Queen!!! *Every time a pengiun winks at me, I invite him to move in! *;D ;D ;D ;D
    Dang it! *I had a great come back for that...but I was laughing so hard that I forgot it!

<abba, penguinized>You are a Distro Queen</abba, penguinized>