Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Your favorite book - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite book

Re: Your favorite book

Also sprach Zarathustra -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    Walden or life in the woods -- Henry David Thoureau

And, of course,
    Demian -- Herman Hesse

Catch-22
    That was a good one! Too funny, all-round

That was a good one! Too funny, all-round
    Yeah, one of my user names used to be "Yossarian".
    I didn't care for the movie though- they were trying for laughs too hard, and missed the point.

The Great And Secret Show && Everville(which is the sequel) - Clive Barker

About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution by Paul Davies

and

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Watchers by Dean R. Koontz - I like dogs.

Everything written by Isaac Asimov.

About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution by Paul Davies
    Thatīs a good one. I havenīt read it in a while though.
    Cosmic Questions. Galactic halos, cold dark matter and the end of time by Richard Morris is another good book in the same category.

Watchers by Dean R. Koontz - I like dogs.

Everything written by Isaac Asimov.
    Watchers was good, highly recommended here.

Steven King - Pet Sematary, the movie would put you off unless you read the book first. The book kicked butt.
    About any Steven King book here.

1984 was good too. I may have to read it again soon

hmm

1984 is good, the short stories by H.G. Wells arent bad either ..

Anna Karenina and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy are my favorite novels. It's been 20 years since I read them but I remember liking Tolstoy's style of introducing his characters superficially then slowly developing them in a way that contradicted the introduction.

The Last of the Mohicans was my favorite book. It was light enternaing reading.

The Stranger - Camus
    The Catcher in the Rye - Salinger