Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Your favorite book - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite book

Re: Your favorite book

Favourite: Isaac Asimov's 'Foundation' series.

Now that was a kick-butt set of books.

Least Favourite: Dostoevsky's 'The Brothers Karamazov'

I'm sure something was lost in the translation, because that book was just pure agony to read; I literally had to force myself to read the ending, and that is something that I will regret for the rest of my life. 'The Idiot' was amusing and easy to read, but this was horrid. I take pills to help myself blot out the memories, but they don't always work; God must truly hate me to have allowed such an abomination to be read.

1984 was good. I'm actually reading it for the second time right now (actually, I've been 'reading it for the second time' for about a year now. I read it at school as my reading book, only gets read for about 10 minutes per day, not including weekends or holidays... )

I also like the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy! ;D
    You've only read 1984 two times....you poor bastard - I think I read like like 3 or 4 times.

IT - Stephen King

Read it back in high school, but it was the only book that ever gave me nightmares.

The Blue Nowhere by Jeffrey Deaver will make you proud of yourself for being a hacker. (I tried to get through The Joy of Painting by Earl Scheib, but it was boring).

The Crystal Shard by R. A. Salvatore
    A rather good book, and I suspect the rest of the series is good as well. I haven't tracked down copies of the others yet.

Albert Camus - "L'Etranger".
    There are however about twenty other that I find difficult to put in order. "1984", "LoTR", "Hitchhiker's..." and "Malowany ptak" (umm, "Painted Bird." ) would be in the list.

L'étranger? Gawd! I read tha tbook 2 years ago and I wanted to kill myself: it was so boring!

Windhaven, by George R. R. Martin and Lisa Tuttle.

probably not the best book, but it's one of those i read when i was younger, and read it again about 7 more times. i'm getting lazy, it's been a few years since i've read it.

Catch-22

Good Omens, Terry Pratchett & Niel Gamian.

Not neciceraly the best book in the would but a book that is consistanly good every time I read it, I've never got bored of it even on the 8th or 9th time trough, and everyone I've ever recomended it to loved it.