Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Your favorite book - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite book

Kind Mastermind

Re: Your favorite book

Being that I am a wide ranging reader, I don't have one real "favorite" book, I have several:

No Compromise -- The Life Story of Keith Green
    LoTR -- J.R.R. Tolkien
    Into the Mouth of the Cat -- A biography of the first USAF
    Academy graduate to 'win' the US Congressional Medal of *
    Honor
    The Divine Comedy -- Dante Alegherie (sp)
    The Chronicles of Narnia -- C.S. Lewis
    Crime and Punishment -- I am not even going to try to write
    Fyodor's last name!
    Marine Sniper -- Carlos N. Hathcock II

There are several more, I just can't think of them right now.

Reccomendation: "The terrible hours" by Peter Maas. It's a REALLY good account of the story of the submarine U.S.S. Squalus, which sank off Portsmouth N.H. in 1939. They were able to rescue a significant portion of the crew. It basically tells the story of Cmdr. Charles "Swede" Momson, and how the U.S. Navy was able to get the first "deep rescue" device in position. It's excellent, and brings a true American hero to public attention.

The Ender Saga ....

Enders Game
    Speaker for the Dead
    Xenocide
    Children of the Mind

Great books all about cool stuff starting from the persons childhood to thousands of years later in a semi-big brother Universe/world that is afraid of what it doesn't understand. (Starts with earth in the semi near future and ends in the far, far future).

The Stranger - Camus
    See, GnuVince ? I'm not the only one ;D

"The Elfstones of Shannara" - Terry Brooks
    "Misery" - Stephen King

I've read tons of great books; it's really too hard to list favorites. *But, those two come immediately to mind.

edit: Also feel I need to mention the "Space Odyssey " series by Arthur C. Clarke. Especially "2010: Odyssey Two."

Patrick Susskind: the perfume
    LoTR, and anything by Terry Pratchett

Good Omens, Terry Pratchett & Niel Gamian.
    One of my favourites, too. *I'm actually depressed when I finish it... *So good!

Patrick Susskind: the perfume
    Awsome book! (I almost put that instead of good omens)

The Joy Of Sex........classic. ;D

The Joy Of Sex........classic. ;D
    Oh!!.....I didn't think tech manuals were included in this thread. :-/

Oh, we can pick tech manuals, eh?

In that case, my fav book is Sex For Dummies