Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big screen nazis !

Re: Big screen nazis !

I've got an older ViewSonic 15" monitor, but I'm using it at 768X1024 in X window and Win98. It's OK, but something larger would be nice. Right now, I'm prioritizing my upgrades. A new MB with a faster processer is my main goal at this point.

Kind Mastermind

but i also have a 15'
    Gawl lee...What's the max rez on your fifteen footer, bob? *Dang...where did you get it from? * ;D ;D ;D *Did you build your house around it? * *Man, boblucci, you are too *8)!

BTW...I have a 17" monitor that I got in 1996 and a newer 15" monitor that I got in 1999. So, I am looking at buying a 19" LG. Has anyone here had any (good or bad) experience with the LG? It seems like a sweet monitor, nearly flat.

Good Guru

LGs are great too but no body beats ViewSonic... I have all Acer monitors ( that's because I bought it with employee discounts )... My last company used View Sonic monitors and they are very 8).

A second vote for ViewSonic

I don't really care for anything above a 15". I'd just have to move it farther from my face so my eyes don't get tired from moving around so much. TV's are similar. I have a 27" tv and in this small room, that's large enough.

I don't really care for anything above a 15". I'd just have to move it farther from my face so my eyes don't get tired from moving around so much. TV's are similar. I have a 27" tv and in this small room, that's large enough.
    Yup. I can't image anything larger than a 17" (which has a 15" viewing area). More than big enough.

As to TVs, yeah, this trend in the US to put giant tvs into living rooms is silly. I bought a new set about two years ago and ended up with a 32". That set in my living room works very well (especially with letterboxed DVDs). Anything bigger would be overkill. Besides, too big a screen without proper distance makes a poor picture.

Dang I just was surfing and looking at new monitors. I have a Iyama 17inch and paid over 600 for it. Now I can have a 22 for half. :-[

Okay Iyama time for you to blow your tube. 8)

Kind Mastermind

LGs are great too but no body beats ViewSonic... I have all Acer monitors ( that's because I bought it with employee discounts )... My last company used View Sonic monitors and they are very *8).
    They have some 19" LG's for around 250 USD, which is a pretty nice price, imho. They have a foot print that is just a little bit smaller than my HP 17" Pavilion monitor, while having nearly 2.5" more viewable area. Plus, my HP cost me 750 USD when I bought it.