Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

samba configuration

Thread: samba configuration

samba configuration

hi,
    i want to conifgure samba server on red hat linux se 4.0. i had installed package required for samba server , i can make changes and start samba server through smb.conf file .
    but i am not able to do settings through swat application.
    as i am new i linux i want to configure through swat only. is there any download file available if
    yes pl , give me the url so as to download or tell me how to do it.
    i had chaked swat file availability in xinet folder , but its not present at all.
    thanks and regards
    pansare vaibhav

Associate

select the package "swat"

hi

while installing linux you select the package "swat" by clicking on detail pacakages.

after installing the linux if you want to install swat you go to control centre , from there you select option to install RPM.

it will work out.

all the best

venkat

hi,
    thanks for sugessition , but i had checked this earlier , i find that in samba package there no such rpm and option , this swat is in xinet folder which is also not present.
    as per my knowledge samba comes with swat in build that is why i am asking is there any other way .
    pansare vaibhav

Associate

hi, samba config

hi vaibhav...

I know what I expressed in my earlier mail only.

I don't know other way.. if you want to check for this you can have a look at linuxhomenetworking.com.. I think there is some good stuff regarding samba..

bye

venkat

hi,
    first of all i had checked with linux home networking only.
    i had only problem with swat accessing , after that i can do rest of changes because i had done that earlier also.
    now i done changes with file smb.comf , now i can acess windows 98 pcs only , while accessing other pc s it gives error.
    any idea
    do it
    thanks and regards
    pansarevaibhav

Associate

make sure that you are logging with smbuser

hi

may I know what kind of error you are getting with xp professional connectivity..

make sure that you are logging with smbuser name and pwd..

bye

venkat