Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Getting fairly drunk - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting fairly drunk

Re: Getting fairly drunk

Damn all out of breezers... new plan....

Work hard on LFS untill Life sucks no more...
    Forget LFS, try to get FreeBSD working

Forget LFS, try to get FreeBSD working
    Apparently I'm to dumb to even get X installed on FreeBSD the way I like. And I have yet to figure out how to compile things with ports usings optimzations for all the required packages.

And I feel so out of control with FreeBSD on my box, I mean, it installs things right and left.

LFS is heaven, I install what I need when I need it !

I will however grant that FreeBSD' man page system is very slick, amongst other things - and the system appears to be very fast and responsive.

Didn't you read the handbook?

Didn't you read the handbook?
    I did, and I just say I'm impressed with the effort which has been put into it - it's THE best un*x book I've ever read. I'm considering buying it from BSDmall.

But I think my main problem with BSD is that I'm so much in love with LFS that I tend to compare ever system to it and I keep finding shortcomings to the others.

LFS is pure power and control. FreeBSD is nice if I had the time to figure out their rather sadistic installer.... and I thought Debians was bad (which it really isn't but it's quite scary at first).

Anyways, I like FreeBSD.... but I LOVE LFS !

FreeBSD has a couple of nice things Linux doesn't have yet (and some of these things are really nice in a production environnement.)

I say wank till your cock is red
    Thats got to end up hurting a whole lot though. Wouldn't that mean you couldn't do it for at least a day unless you were a pain freak?

Good Guru

And I feel so out of control with FreeBSD on my box, I mean, it installs things right and left.
    Agree.

I chose a few packages ( no more than 20 in addition to whatever it's default install ) and my 790 MB / + 150 MB /home + 128 MB Swap + 100 MB /var is filled up ..... :