Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Non-Vi(m) Users Club - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Vi(m) Users Club

Re: Non-Vi(m) Users Club

Emacs rules.C-x C-s

*Sigh*

8) NEdit *8)

8) JED *8)

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Eah-gads...wordstar! Yuck...
    That goes double for me! A sorrier app I never hope to see.

Let's make a cool contest: What can NEdit do that Vim can't and vice versa.

With vim:

- You can make a line all upper case with gUU
    - Likewise, you can make it all lower case with guu
    - If the cursor is on a filename, gf will open that file

Let's make a cool contest: *What can NEdit do that Vim can't and vice versa.

With vim:

- You can make a line all upper case with gUU
    - Likewise, you can make it all lower case with guu
    - If the cursor is on a filename, gf will open that file
    All caps - highlight the text, word, line, paragraph or part of any of the above, either with the mouse or with keystrokes, and then either click *Edit > upper case, or ctrl + 6, or alt E > *e.

All lower is like above with the appropriet keys.

The file thingy, well, I'll give you that one - I just hit cntl + O.

OK, highlight a block of text and press shift + cntl + 0 (or click edit > shift right) to move the whole block to the right.

Or, hold down the control key and drag the mouse to select a region of text. *Middle click the mouse to paste. *Example- select the first three letters in each line of a paragraph - maybe all the open tags in an html document, the past them below the current section to start a new section with the identical format.

OK, highlight a block of text and press shift + cntl + 0 (or click edit > shift right) to move the whole block to the right.

Or, hold down the control key and drag the mouse to select a region of text. *Middle click the mouse to paste. *Example- select the first three letters in each line of a paragraph - maybe all the open tags in an html document, the past them below the current section to start a new section with the identical format.
    - Select the text with Visual mode, then press > to shift to the right (and < to shift left)

- Select with Ctrl-v, then yank the text with y. Go wherever you want to put it and press p

in vim type escape and :q and you'll be back at the command line. *I'll bet nedit can't do that! *HA

8) Nano 8)

in vim type escape and :q and you'll be back at the command line. I'll bet nedit can't do that! HA
    No, NEdit can't do that. Of course, in NEdit you can start typing text anytime you want without having to remember what mode you are in or pressing "i".

Good Guru

Well, I use Vi as well as AE. So am I make only half the club??

And

iYeah, those annoying vim users man ... ^[:wq