Thread: Cheer me up

Hybrid View

Cheer me up

I have to code C++ with a guy from school, and it usually takes 4ever to make him understand what I'm talking about... It's SOO FUCKING BORING...

Re: Cheer me up

Have you tried electric shock treatment?
    How it works is this: you connect two elctrodes two his person - one on each testicle is usually best. Then, every time he contributes a something useful (eg a suggestion or an insight), he doesn't get a 250V shock. Just be careful of the puddle if the shock causes him to piss himself involuntarily.

Mentor

can you ask to be with someone more your speed?

Or are you there to help this person along?

can you ask to be with someone more your speed?

Or are you there to help this person along?
    Option b. I made friends with this guy (btw. Schotty would like him, he LOVES beer - he has a whole website dedicated to beer and ways to consume beer) and we get along just fine. His problem is that he transferred in from another school after he failed his exams, so I promised to teach him some C++ (in the other school they are taught Java) but it turned out he didn't even have a clue of the basics in any programming language. So he can't even visualise how he' code should work, let alone write it.

So I study C++ with him every week for a few hours and I must say he's catching on now. I'm rather impressed, he has learned C++ from ground up (up till polymorphism) in less than 3 months. He still makes rookie mistakes but he's coding skills are improving vastly each week.

Kinda makes me feel good about myself. Plus I get a chance to brush up on my coding and design skills.

Ah so no one favours the bastard approach?
    Oh well I tried to help

Kinda makes me feel good about myself. Plus I get a chance to brush up on my coding and design skills.
    You're doing a good thing there LC. *8)

Ah so no one favours the bastard approach?
    Oh well I tried to help
    Oh my buddy told me that he thought your idea would as he put it "maximize his effort"... so we might do it next week

You're doing a good thing there LC. 8)
    He's a nice guy, I'm happy to help him.

Well Linux is the spirit of giving so I'm installing MDK for him on a secondary HD because he went all nuts when I told him about KDE, KDevelop and Quanta which could replace 99% of all his windows tasks on his workstation.

I've never seen a guys eyes light up like candles before I gave him my KDevelop to play with... set up in MS Visual Studio look... I mean he was totally freaked out, it was like... You mean to tell me that this is FREE and it does the same stuff I need Visual C++ for... which in the end would cost me a bundle and a provide me with feature I don't really need... COOL^n (for n -> infinte)

So C++ and Linux.... all in one go... He's all fired up.