Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Damn...

Thread: Damn...

Damn...

I've spend the last year avoiding getting my eyesight checked again... and finally my gf "convinced" me to go get it over with today.

And this time I didn't get off the hook with just reading glasses, so I guess now I'm a real geek.

There went my humble savings... damn bloodsuckers...

Re: Damn...

I've spend the last year avoiding getting my eyesight checked again... and finally my gf "convinced" me to go get it over with today.

And this time I didn't get off the hook with just reading glasses, so I guess now I'm a real geek.

There went my humble savings... damn bloodsuckers...
    I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old (that's 44 years!). I guess I'll get used to them someday, but I do resent the amont of money I have to spend to be able to see like everyone else. The last time I got mine changed, I had to get BIFOCALS. I knew my eyes were bad, but I didn't think they were THAT bad.

Mentor

I used to wear glasses and contacts for over 14 years. Then I saved up enough money to get Lasik surgery done. Now my vision is 15-20. This was the best investment I've ever made!

Kind Mastermind

I used to wear glasses and contacts for over 14 years. Then I saved up enough money to get Lasik surgery done. Now my vision is 15-20. *This was the best investment I've ever made!
    If I get stationed in Germany next year, I am going to get the surgery, too. Of course, with my bosses approval. Plus, it will be free. I just need to meet the criteria that they set out. Hopefully, I will.

Who said you would be a geek by wearing glasses? Just as long as you buy some of those old military glasses like you picture geeks wearing. :P Around here glasses seem to be the style. BTW I wear them, and I think I've gotten more compliments with them, than w/o them.

Who said you would be a geek by wearing glasses? * Just as long as you buy some of those old military glasses like you picture geeks wearing. :P * Around here glasses seem to be the style. *BTW I wear them, *and I think I've gotten more compliments with them, *than w/o them.
    Oh danes are wierd, the general poplulation is likely to think that the uglier your glasses are, the bigger the brain you have..

I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old (that's 44 years!). *I guess I'll get used to them someday, but I do resent the amont of money I have to spend to be able to see like everyone else. *The last time I got mine changed, I had to get BIFOCALS. *I knew my eyes were bad, but I didn't think they were THAT bad.
    Bifocals, if I'm right and that's the lense which is shaped with an area of reading and one for normal viewing.

Well that was one option for me, see I'm +something and a whole lot on the right eye and -something else on the left right and I have build defects on both eyes, that means that I would need that to have bifocals - I chose to go with 2 pair of glasses instead, cheaper and else on an admittion of the fact that I can't see shit..

Bifocals, if I'm right and that's the lense which is shaped with an area of reading and one for normal viewing.

Well that was one option for me, see I'm +something and a whole lot on the right eye and -something else on the left right and I have build defects on both eyes, that means that I would need that to have bifocals - I chose to go with 2 pair of glasses instead, cheaper and else on an admittion of the fact that I can't see shit..
    2 pair of glasses wouldn't work for me. I make my living reading measuring devices. I'd be swapping glasses all the time, and not getting anything done.
    BTW: Laser surgery isn't an option either; I have, in addition to Myopia, several astigmatisms in each eye- my uncorrected vision is around 20-200.

I used to wear glasses and contacts for over 14 years. Then I saved up enough money to get Lasik surgery done. Now my vision is 15-20. This was the best investment I've ever made!
    ive had RK surgery too. that was the pre-laser surgery done by scapel.
    that was about 20 years ago, now i see perfect. ps>>> many health plans
    will pay forr it. mine did!