Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Odd request - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd request

Re: Odd request

No need to chip the DC, the Utopia boot disk does the same thing. (without the need to solder ;D)

But how much does it cost? I could have gotten something else for my Playstation but it was about $50 and involved a crazy ritual every time I wanted to play a game.

But how much does it cost?
    Nowt d/l it, burn it, play.

only a small ritual is involved

How do you use the cd? Do you just put it in, turn the PS on, and then swap cd's? That thing for Playstation involved sticking a screwdriver in the door of the Playstation among other things.

You put it in wait for it to boot, it asks you for your disk, open the DCs disc cover, pop in your disk, and away you go

No need for blue tack, screwdriver, or the gods to be on you side.

The only thing is you have to watch a revolving raindeer while it boots, don't ask me why.

The only thing is you have to watch a revolving raindeer while it boots, don't ask me why.
    Oh no! That's worse than soldering!

You do realise that an american DC won't play euro games with out a boot CD, don't you? I'm sure you do, you're a smart chappie, but better safe than sorry.
    Damn americans... they have to ruin my fun..

Well then I have to get myself a DC, soo maybe amazon.co.uk has one at a desent price.

I didn't even consider the US problems, like non-PAL display..

Damn americans... they have to ruin my fun..
    That's what you Europeans get for not following our standards.

Ahh $50 I payed for it when the price dropped to $80 oh well. Yep there are some development going on that you can do from your own home. You can download other peoples work and burn them on CD's (if your dreamcast supports burned CDs). Check http://www.dcemulation.com (does not carry roms ok so its legal) for some development stuff. BTW you can even play online with it on netzero (still dont know if it works but it used to) with some hacking. Check http://www.dreamcastfun.com for that info cause playing PSO (Phantasy Star Online) is lots of fun.