Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Windows 2000 > Windows XP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 2000 > Windows XP

Windows 2000 > Windows XP

Man I love Etherphyte! This guy sure has a good story on his website ( http://www.etherphyte.com ) : http://www.infoworld.com/articles/tc...029tcwinxp.xml

Buzz off Microsoft Windows XP! Muahahahahaha! For once I'm happy that Windows 2000 is the winner in a benchmark test (one that is not sponsored by Microsoft at least)

Re: Windows 2000 > Windows XP

I must agree. Windows 2000 is better than XP. I'm glad I don't have to use either though.

It's always good to see an honest benchmark. 2000 is a good OS, 2000 may possibely be my main OS if I dislike XP when I install it. I got pissed @ buggy web browsers and kde2 a few days ago and have been using 2000 since, looks like it's gonna be the OS i finally stay with.

I'm going to install Windows 2000, because when I will get an interview for a job, I don't want to look stupid because I can't do anything.

and by the way "Last night a DJ saved my life!"

Sorry, that's what's XMMS is playing.

It's always good to see an honest benchmark. 2000 is a good OS, 2000 may possibely be my main OS if I dislike XP when I install it. I got pissed @ buggy web browsers and kde2 a few days ago and have been using 2000 since, looks like it's gonna be the OS i finally stay with.
    What Buggy browsers? Mozilla and Opera are very stable. More than IE from the experience I get from school

It was Konq, yeah mozilla works fine its just slow loading up when I execute it.

It was Konq, yeah mozilla works fine its just slow loading up when I execute it.
    Mkay. Yeah it's pretty heavy. Opera is nice though. Fast, stable and tabs.

Just like me. Im using 2000 on my desktop now and I like it. Its stable, quite snappy and it can do everything I need my desktop OS to do.

Say what you want about windows, but it kicks linuxs ass when it comes to desktops. I hope 2000 will last until linux becomes a viable alternative on the desktop because I refuse to pay what MS wants me to pay for XP.

Just like me. Im using 2000 on my desktop now and I like it. Its stable, quite snappy and it can do everything I need my desktop OS to do.

Say what you want about windows, but it kicks linuxs ass when it comes to desktops. I hope 2000 will last until linux becomes a viable alternative on the desktop because I refuse to pay what MS wants me to pay for XP.
    ? Just keep it that's all. Microsoft are still doing Service Paks for NT4 I believe and SP3 for Windows 2000 is expected pretty soon. And maybe with some luck people will begin to whine about product activation and Microsoft will remove it

And maybe with some luck people will begin to whine about product activation and Microsoft will remove it
    ITYM "And maybe with some luck, people will begin to whine about product activation, Microsoft will ignore them, and they'll all migrate to a non-Windows platform".

HTH and HAND ;D